ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona State

Meanwhile Purdue is making Illannoys look ordinary, not the juggernaut that blew us out by 30.

Meanwhile Purdue is making Illannoys look ordinary, not the juggernaut that blew us out by 30.
Till late in second half. Then between the Purdue missteps and IL coming on strong it got a lot closer than it should have been

Reactions: drewjin
Till late in second half. Then between the Purdue missteps and IL coming on strong it got a lot closer than it should have been
Agreed. My previous comment was made in the first half, but Illannoys showed me they’re for real, especially Domask, that kid can ball. They somehow got Edey in foul trouble and made it close. Our rematch at WR is going to be tough.

Did anyone watch the game? Did both teams employ a single defensive strategy throughout? Any change ups occur during the game? Did it disrupt any runs?

I suspect silence from the usual suspects for the obvious reasons ;)

Did anyone watch the game? Did both teams employ a single defensive strategy throughout? Any change ups occur during the game? Did it disrupt any runs?

I suspect silence from the usual suspects for the obvious reasons ;)
Yes. Nobody is better at in-game adjustment than Matt Painter! Just ask the Purdue fans. Or watch how he shut down Buie by putting lock-down defender Loyer on him in critical situations. Watch and learn Chris😆

Yes. Nobody is better at in-game adjustment than Matt Painter! Just ask the Purdue fans. Or watch how he shut down Buie by putting lock-down defender Loyer on him in critical situations. Watch and learn Chris😆
I could swear they played a little press. And yes, that is a system … and one I don’t think ccc ever uses. Literally a one trick pony.

NU pressed at the end of the first half of Purdur and got a turnover. They half tried a 2-2-1 several times. Not the best execution, but tried.

Detroit Mercy isn't helping either. They are 0-17 and near the bottom of Kenpom. That should have been a 20 point win.

Arizona State in NU's only positive performance in 5 outings since the Purdue win.
We outperformed expectations by 16 in that one.

The DePaul game and the Detroit game were basically as expected.
Chicago State was a -23, Illinois a -15 and Jackson State a -8.

Compared to what my computer ratings expected, that is...

Reactions: ballerog711
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT