ADVERTISEMENT

As DJ Khaled would say: Another One

NUera

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Ramon Diaz files suit alleging she same hazing - only now with racism against his Latino heritage and “micro aggressions.”

ESPN article

"The culture Coach Fitzgerald created within the football program is one that I speak of with great admiration to youth athletes. Coach Fitz continues to influence my life today."

Ramon Diaz, 2019.

Mr. Diaz is trying to have it both ways and pad his wallet in the process.

"The culture Coach Fitzgerald created within the football program is one that I speak of with great admiration to youth athletes. Coach Fitz continues to influence my life today."

Ramon Diaz, 2019.

"Former OL for Pat Fitzgerald at NW" - taken from Diaz's twitter bio this morning! His experience was so traumatizing that he still today lists his having played for Fitz on his most public face... and his picture should be in Webster's as part of the definition of a hypocrite.

Ramon Diaz, 2019.

Agree. And an unrelated legal question for our Illinois brethren: Why isn't this claim barred by the statutes of limitations and/or repose? Is the statute for this type of claim quite lengthy under Illinois law or tolled based on a special purpose statute such as you sometimes see for claims involving sexual abuse of minors?

Agree. And an unrelated legal question for our Illinois brethren: Why isn't this claim barred by the statutes of limitations and/or repose? Is the statute for this type of claim quite lengthy under Illinois law or tolled based on a special purpose statute such as you sometimes see for claims involving sexual abuse of minors?
Without seeing the allegations and claims in the complaint (unlike the federal courts where pleadings on Pacer are available for public consumption), the electronic filings in the Circuit Court of Cook County are not available for review on line. However, in general terms the applicable period of limitations for personal injury claims in Illinois is two years, but of course that time period does not begin to run for minors until they reach the age of majority (18). Since I cannot tell from press releases the precise nature of the claims, there may be some type of claim for which the general personal injury limitations period does not apply...

Might as well take a shot that Schill will just roll over and throw money at the accusers. If it never goes to trial, does it matter?

It's these same discontented, and mostly failed, guys we've already heard from. No new names despite all of attorney's posturing of "massive numbers".

Our fanbase continues to disappoint. Don’t any of you feel empathy for Ramon? I sure do and am sorry he was treated this way.

Per ESPN:

“Asked about how he balances those posts with his current feelings about how he was treated, Diaz said he was trying to "erase and repress" his negative experiences because he is proud of graduating from the school and wanted to believe he had "somewhat of an experience that wasn't awful."

He said he was diagnosed with depression during his time at Northwestern and later with post-traumatic stress disorder while he tried to cope with his experience on the football team by at times denying the problems he witnessed.

At a news conference Wednesday in Chicago, Diaz said he attempted suicide in 2007 "as a result of the bigotry, racism and emotional abuse I suffered."

"The brain will function to see things differently because you want it to," Diaz told ESPN. "And I wanted to. I always wanted to see things differently because I felt it was so unfair what was taken from me and I wanted to try to reconcile that in my mind."

I have said the hazing was wrong, period, and should have been stopped, and unfortunately that's on Fitz. I'm just reacting to these ambulance chasing attorneys who claim "this is the greatest scandal in the history of college athletics", even smearing coaches of other sports (so far, we've heard from one volleyball player who like these football players (except for Long), was a non-contributor). Again, it's still the same five malcontents we've been hearing from for going on three weeks.

Reactions: No Chores
Our fanbase continues to disappoint. Don’t any of you feel empathy for Ramon? I sure do and am sorry he was treated this way.

Per ESPN:

“Asked about how he balances those posts with his current feelings about how he was treated, Diaz said he was trying to "erase and repress" his negative experiences because he is proud of graduating from the school and wanted to believe he had "somewhat of an experience that wasn't awful."

He said he was diagnosed with depression during his time at Northwestern and later with post-traumatic stress disorder while he tried to cope with his experience on the football team by at times denying the problems he witnessed.

At a news conference Wednesday in Chicago, Diaz said he attempted suicide in 2007 "as a result of the bigotry, racism and emotional abuse I suffered."

"The brain will function to see things differently because you want it to," Diaz told ESPN. "And I wanted to. I always wanted to see things differently because I felt it was so unfair what was taken from me and I wanted to try to reconcile that in my mind."
Catman:

Are you willing to accept that someone might feel empathy towards another person, while being critical of him at the same time?

Anybody who tells me that he (or she) has been diagnosed with depression or has contemplated suicide has my empathy. But if they blame me for it, I have to defend myself.

(at times that dynamic plays out on this message board!)

I have said the hazing was wrong, period, and should have been stopped, and unfortunately that's on Fitz. I'm just reacting to these ambulance chasing attorneys who claim "this is the greatest scandal in the history of college athletics", even smearing coaches of other sports (so far, we've heard from one volleyball player who like these football players (except for Long), was a non-contributor). Again, it's still the same five malcontents we've been hearing from for going on three weeks.
Even, and better, if there are no legal claims to be pursued in a civil court, the practice was embarrassing and wrong. And to offer another post that will draw no responsive refute, as PF struggled to field a competitive team, as he bad terrible hiring and retention decisions, as he fired upon and drove away the sports media — the only remaining defense that his enablers touted annoyingly was the participation trophy CLEAN program and that’s what really matters.

Until it doesn’t. Then it’s about legacy. It’s about attacking victims. It’s all about the very same things these hypocrites attacked Joe Pa and Hairball about relentlessly. Weird the absence of Hairball attacks lately….

Catman:

Are you willing to accept that someone might feel empathy towards another person, while being critical of him at the same time?

Anybody who tells me that he (or she) has been diagnosed with depression or has contemplated suicide has my empathy. But if they blame me for it, I have to defend myself.

(at times that dynamic plays out on this message board!)
Note the laughing icon below your post. Therein lies the distinction.

Reactions: peatymeanis
Even, and better, if there are no legal claims to be pursued in a civil court, the practice was embarrassing and wrong. And to offer another post that will draw no responsive refute, as PF struggled to field a competitive team, as he bad terrible hiring and retention decisions, as he fired upon and drove away the sports media — the only remaining defense that his enablers touted annoyingly was the participation trophy CLEAN program and that’s what really matters.

Until it doesn’t. Then it’s about legacy. It’s about attacking victims. It’s all about the very same things these hypocrites attacked Joe Pa and Hairball about relentlessly. Weird the absence of Hairball attacks lately….
Attacking victims ? easy on the hyperbole

I have it on good authority that the walker coaching staff was filled with not so great human beings. We have all heard the stories.

One source said to me. “They could not communicate with one another let alone the players.”

I have it on good authority that the walker coaching staff was filled with not so great human beings. We have all heard the stories.

One source said to me. “They could not communicate with one another let alone the players.”
Wasn’t PF on that staff?

Reactions: drewjin
of course. But Im not talking about him.

Think the offensive coordinator now at Ohio state and the three others that were mentioned in the latest lawsuit.

And the 2 imbeciles who lead the University and the athletic department remain unscathed. It’s comical.

Wilson and Kromer were not guys you would want your daughter to marry.
Kromer was a heck of a coach but a not so nice guy off the field. Does anyone know if he settled to make this case go away in 20-5?

Jul 31, 2015, 06:06 PM ET

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- The Florida state attorney's office Friday dropped its misdemeanor battery charge against Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer.

In a statement, assistant Florida state attorney Bobby Elmore said that the charge was dropped at the request of the accusers' parents.

A misdemeanor battery charge against Zachery Kromer, Aaron Kromer's son, was also dropped Friday.

Both Aaron and Zachery Kromer had pleaded not guilty to the battery charges, stemming from a July 11 incident in which Aaron Kromer was alleged to have punched a boy in the face and threatened to kill his family in a dispute over beach chairs. Zachery Kromer was accused of placing his hands on another boy during the altercation.

"The parents of the the two alleged victims and the third minor witness stated that any injuries sustained by the alleged victims were minor and required no medical treatment, and that they desired the lives of their children not to be further disrupted, as an amicable resolution of the matter had been reached between all concerned," Elmore said in the statement.

The Bills are aware of the charges being dropped and could issue a statement later Friday.

Aaron Kromer remained on indefinite paid administrative leave from the Bills as they began training camp with a practice Friday morning. Assistant offensive line coach Kurt Anderson led the Bills' offensive line in drills and was assisted by former Chicago Bears offensive line coach Pat Meyer, who the Bills hired as a football operations consultant this summer.

Beach chairs? Kromer sounds like a meathead.

My HS freshman football coach (JJ) got in a fight over an office desk in the locker room with the basketball coach. JJ once described the 'butt block' as a "thing of beauty." I loved football for its cultural exposure.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Another stiff who never played a game. How wronged could he be? What a way to maximize his free education.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT