ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

Skolcat

Oct 22, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance Saturday. Non marque foe who brought pretty much no fans. We had 33 k and all purple. Pretty good by our standards and seems very positive moving forward. Specifically I think our season tix base must be on the up tic.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I'd like to know how many of those were band members or band parents. Maybe only 2k or so, but that one section was a ghost town when the band kids vacated

But yeah, more than I expected

I am pretty sure those don't count towards paid attendance. Stand by my initial observation there were over 30k purple clad at the game. Our sections were very full.

I know that's what was reported, but not a chance in the world there was anywhere close to 30,000 at this game...

Reactions: lou v and Alvious
For the first game of the year couple with a team from a mid major conference. I was encouraged by the attendance. The south golf course and the east lot were noticeably filled.

No real surprise with attendance. Last year opening day was pretty well attended too. Attendance has spiked over the last 7 years. However, if there's a loss to a team they should beat, there will be jumpers.

Yes, Students are back (at least freshman) on the 16th with the annual running of the freshman incoming class.

I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance Saturday. Non marque foe who brought pretty much no fans. We had 33 k and all purple. Pretty good by our standards and seems very positive moving forward. Specifically I think our season tix base must be on the up tic.
Add that students not there yet and yes, respectable

It was Labor Day weekend. Always a lot of no-shows then. I'm sure the attendance was tickets sold and we have a good season ticket base right now.
I'm not denying that. I'm just saying it was a very pedestrian crowd on Saturday.

I predicted between 45 and 50,000 but I am confident we will have that many at the Bowling Green game. I'll bet anyone their favorite beer

I predicted between 45 and 50,000 but I am confident we will have that many at the Bowling Green game. I'll bet anyone their favorite beer
I totally missed what you did the first time I read it.:p

any way you slice it, it was a good crowd yesterday...one of the first things I noticed at kickoff. compare the opening day crowd to a decade ago...
Absolutely. Felt like we had a noticeably larger amount Saturday than '07 opener against a good Nevada team.

Colleges don't often report paid attendance. They report pretty much whatever they feel like reporting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT