ADVERTISEMENT

B1G West

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
Anyone else getting tired with this B1G East is so great, but the West Sucks? Yes, the dominant team is in the East, but that team has already got soaked at home. Hardballs got all he could handle from Purdue, the preseason cellar dweller in the West. BTW, Purdue is no joke this year. The East top ranked team won on the last play of the game against Iowa. MSU and Maryland took OOC beatings. Rutgers lost to a Nebby team in disarray. Indy is improving but a middle of the pack West team at best.

It will be interesting to see the cross division records this year. Even if the East prevails, I don't think they are going to run holes through the West.

Anyone else getting tired with this B1G East is so great, but the West Sucks? Yes, the dominant team is in the East, but that team has already got soaked at home. Hardballs got all he could handle from Purdue, the preseason cellar dweller in the West. BTW, Purdue is no joke this year. The East top ranked team won on the last play of the game against Iowa. MSU and Maryland took OOC beatings. Rutgers lost to a Nebby team in disarray. Indy is improving but a middle of the pack West team at best.

It will be interesting to see the cross division records this year. Even if the East prevails, I don't think they are going to run holes through the West.

What showings from Iowa and Purdue showed me is that NU better get its o-line together and tighten up the secondary if we're going to have a chance in the West. If the o-line doesn't play well, the Cats will get rolled in their first two B1G games.

What showings from Iowa and Purdue showed me is that NU better get its o-line together and tighten up the secondary if we're going to have a chance in the West. If the o-line doesn't play well, the Cats will get rolled in their first two B1G games.
No kidding! WE just have to really hope that the OL experimenting comes together by Maryland to save the season. If it comes together sooner we could be champions. Time will tell, but at this point I'm really just hoping or 6 wins and a bowl victory again.

Truly sad that you believe this.
I his defense, he is challenging me hoping for a 6-6 season. I have not yet seen anything that would lead me to believe NU is better than average this year with 1) the questions in both he D and O lines, 2 Injuries to the secondary. Obviously I would love to have a better tan a 6-6 season with a bowl win. My one hope is that the OL comes together. I really don't think the DL has the horses this year and the Secondary is so thin with injuries. At the beginning of the year we though the LBs were the weak link.

I hope we are at least mediocre going into the opening of the new facility.

Reactions: 2388bb
I see a lot of parity at the second level of college football in which we will probably always reside, with up and down swings year to year. I plan on just enjoying the ride and seeing where it takes us. I think many gave up on last season when we started 1-3 and that turned out pretty well.

Gosh Almighty! Another season, another round of o-line angst. How many years has it been? Seems like only yesterday when Midvale was peeping on the o-line in Kenosha and singing it's praise, especially For Strief.

Gosh Almighty! Another season, another round of o-line angst. How many years has it been? Seems like only yesterday when Midvale was peeping on the o-line in Kenosha and singing it's praise, especially For Strief.

There is always hope for improvement, but the Iowa-Penn State game last night showed Jackson might be in for a long afternoon against Penn State if NU is not able to pass the ball effectively and keep PSU from putting eight in the box.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT