ADVERTISEMENT

Bama Vs Georgia

It was a great game. I watched every snap from about 10 minutes left in the second quarter (forgot to set the DVR - d'oh!) to the final play. I'm rarely so focused on a game, especially one that's not NU.

To me, the most amazing part was a true freshman and a true freshman beating a three-year starter at corner and a four-year starter at safety. The moment they needed it, Tua and Smith were cocky, confident, and better. That was awesome. Spectacular.

At the time, I thought UGA lost because they got too conservative. On the other hand, though, how do you not give the ball to Chubb and Michel?

Great game.

Last edited:
It was a great game. I watched every snap from about 10 minutes left in the second quarter (forgot to set the DVR - d'oh!) to the final play. I'm rarely so focused on a game, especially one that's not NU.

To me, the most amazing part was a true freshman and a true freshman beating a three-year starter at corner and a four-year starter at safety. The moment they needed it, Tua and Smith were cocky, confident, and better. That was awesome. Spectacular.

At the time, I thought UGA lost because they got too conservative. On the other hand, though, how do you not give the ball to Chubb and Michel?

Great game.

The most amazing part to me is that Saban sent Mekhi Brown back into the game after he did what he did. Roll Tide, indeed.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ad-restrained-going-assistant-kerry-stevenson

"This team will easily win 12 B1G games, baring significant injuries....."

LOL.

What are you babbling about now? Good to see you are thoroughly enjoying our basketball team's lack of success. Did you predict failure at the beginning of the season? In fact, have you predicted anything correctly? Saw the latest "bet the rent on the over" for Texas Tech-OU in the BBall thread....

Have to be happy for the kid from Hawaii. Seeing two freshmen quarterbacks duke it out made for an entertaining game.

Disagree. I am not entertained by knowng exactly how it was going to play out before the opening kick-off and just having to sit around for three hours while we go through the same, tired progression:

1. Alabama comes out and plays flat, uninspired football
2. The fact that Alabama has 4-5 stars going 2-3 deep at all positions ( in this case especially at quarterback) wears down the opponent and Alabama wins in the end.

Every major Alabama game follows this script. The other part of the script is that they lose one fluke game per year. Last year It was the Championship. Am I the only one tired of the entire CFP year after year being whether anyone can get lucky and beat Alabama?

Get rid of the bowls? Under the present situation, the bowls are the most interesting thing in the sport. Alabama’s dominance makes the CFP a sleeper.

FWIW I was rooting for Georgia as the lesser of two evils, but once Bama put in the freshman QB from Hawaii I lost my sense of better judgment. Probably had something to do with the sunstroke I was still suffering from while on the Islands visiting extended family there as evidenced by these shots from Saturday evening:

IMG_0279_zpsh2wuh9n5.jpg
IMG_0248_zpsb0hwqwhu.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT