ADVERTISEMENT

Bball street parking - warning

cats1967

Oct 3, 2004
I have parked on the street north of Isabella for b-ball games for many years. Now Wilmette has made a stealth change in their parking regulation - no notice, they just posted the new signs. For BTen games there is no parking for two hours before and two hours after the game (same as football). The signs have the dates for which parking is limited. This seems to apply to all of the streets for a few blocks north of Isabella.

I'm amazed it's taken this long, and I wonder what that will do to the lines into the parking lot for conference games.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I have parked on the street north of Isabella for b-ball games for many years. Now Wilmette has made a stealth change in their parking regulation - no notice, they just posted the new signs. For BTen games there is no parking for two hours before and two hours after the game (same as football). The signs have the dates for which parking is limited. This seems to apply to all of the streets for a few blocks north of Isabella.
My $40 fine stands as proof, unfortunately. I’m not sure where I’ll park for conference games.

My $40 fine stands as proof, unfortunately. I’m not sure where I’ll park for conference games.
Since you don't spend twenty minutes before and after the game waiting in the traffic queue, you might consider the street parking anyway... The parking fine isn't dramatically than the regular parking fee! Good news: You're almost guaranteed to be able to get a spot within two blocks of the arena.

btw, several of the streets nearest the arena have the new game day signs on only one side of the street. Make sure to read the details before you leave your car.

Go 'Cats!

Reactions: Zootcat
I think Isabella itself is fine though? Parked there yesterday…

How far north do the signs go? For football, they stop at Linden. That's a hike on a January night, though

How far north do the signs go? For football, they stop at Linden. That's a hike on a January night, though
I have not checked that yet but will before the next BT game. Mainly, you should check the signs to see what is allowed. Plus, they did not put up new all metal signs, they pasted the new dates onto the old sign so it would be easy to change.

I had to park there for PU game as they would not honor my parking pass

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT