ADVERTISEMENT

Belated Haiku

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
I actually did pen a haiku this past week, but wasn't sure it would fit on this week's haiku thread. In retrospect I guess there is a relevant connection to our cascading win against Maryland.

s1c8vzr9cbwo.jpg

t1p38b09up3y.jpg

t6i5ws6aejgx.jpg

onn4889ubuux.jpg

2ps4a6scmg3d.jpg

6qwwro3iulaz.jpg

Cascading downward,

So the rush of water flows,

Lifting up my soul.

Last edited:
FWIW, here are related videos posted on my YouTube Channel this past week:

China’s stunning and spectacularly scenic Longjin Stream River Valley opens from a branch of the Yangtze River near the massive Three Gorges Dam. At the secluded Valley’s head is located a hidden mystic waterfall that branches into multiple streams which are capped by an ethereal mist suspended above.In this video share the serenity of the enchanting waterfall as it flows below the mystic mist.Adding to the mystery and enchantment of this valley are the Hanging Cliff Coffins that one passes to reach the waterfall along with the monkeys that make their home at the valley’s head adjacent to the waterfall. The locale is also steeped in history with China’s ethnic Tujia Minority Tribe having found refuge there.

The Kegan Waterfalls in Nikko Japan are heralded as, one of, if not the most spectacular waterfalls in Japan.In this video filmed as the falling waters emerge after a winter of ice and snow one can experience the unique beauty of the waters cascading 320 feet through the ice and snow from a high cliff to reach an emerald pond and stream below. The scene opens from a vantage point at the base of the falls where the water flowing down from the emerald pond reaches a bubbling brook. Then the camera tilts upward to capture the entire flow of the waterfall.This viewing location is itself only reachable by an elevator that survives as an engineering marvel of pre World War II Japan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT