ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Transfers

Catdude

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Nigel Johnson from Rutgers and Payton Banks from Penn St both announced today that they are transferring. That is surprising because both were starters and is a blow to the rebuilding efforts at both programs. Penn State also has two other bench guys transferring. Nebraska is losing Jeriah Horne who played about 12 minutes/game as a freshman. I'm sure I've missed some transfers and more will be announced in the future.

It will be very interesting to see who from the Big 10 leaves early for the draft. I'd be surprised if Bridges from MSU and Swanigan from Purdue return and Bryant at Indiana is a maybe. Wagner and Wilson at Michigan have entered the discussion based on their postseason play. The only one that I think is definitely gone at this point is Thompson from Ohio St.

If we can stay healthy (which is a huge if with our program), we should be in really good shape next year. It seems like most teams in the Big 10 will lose more production than we do.

If we can stay healthy (which is a huge if with our program), we should be in really good shape next year. It seems like most teams in the Big 10 will lose more production than we do.

There are currently fifteen Rivals 4 star prospects and two 5 star prospects committed to Big Ten schools for next season. There are other uncommitted kids (4 and 5 star) that are still considering Big Ten schools. There are additionally transfers to other schools that will be eligible to play next season.

It's not about who loses the least, it's about who returns and adds the most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT