ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Tournament

CappyNU

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2004
Chicago
It's Monday, so I'm grasping at some of those final straws that we've been collecting lately. Currently, we sit in 11th place, which sucks. However, if the current standings hold, we couldn't get a better path to the BTT semifinals. We would get 14th-place Nebraska, followed by 6th place MSU, and then 3rd place Illinois. Obviously we smoked Nebraska twice, beat MSU once and certainly could've beaten them twice, and defended Illinois just about better than any other B1G team in both games.

Will this happen? Likely no, but hey, gotta shoot for the stars until gravity kicks in.

Reactions: NUCat320
Barring an unexpected win at Iowa, we're likely going to end up as the 12 seed. We wouldn't win a head-to-head tiebreaker with Maryland and/or Penn State. This all sets up a tradition unlike any other...Northwestern vs. Minnesota in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.

Seeding scenarios:

Barring an unexpected win at Iowa, we're likely going to end up as the 12 seed. We wouldn't win a head-to-head tiebreaker with Maryland and/or Penn State. This all sets up a tradition unlike any other...Northwestern vs. Minnesota in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.

Seeding scenarios:
Sigh...will be the 8th time in 20 years to play them, we're 2-5 against them, including 1-2 during the NIT years where a win in 09 or 12 would've likely brought us to the tourney.

Sigh...will be the 8th time in 20 years to play them, we're 2-5 against them, including 1-2 during the NIT years where a win in 09 or 12 would've likely brought us to the tourney.
stuff happens, but I cannot imagine beating them in either upcoming game. A month ago, we were counting on beating them twice, then they clobbered us. Possible thread of hope that we get a couple of extra days of rest, and FWIW, it's home/senior day. I'm not holding my breath.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT