ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten TV Schedule: Week Twelve (1/23-1/29)

Styre

Oct 14, 2004
All times CENTRAL. All games nationally televised unless otherwise indicated. I will add announcers as they are assigned.

First, the NU games:

Wisconsin @ Northwestern
Monday, January 23
5:30 PM, BTN
PxP: Brandon Gaudin
Color: Stephen Bardo

Northwestern @ Nebraska
Wednesday, January 25
6:00 PM, FS2
PxP: Kevin Kugler
Color: Nick Bahe

Minnesota @ Northwestern
Saturday, January 28
11:00 AM, BTN
PxP: Mike Hall
Color: Trent Meacham

And the rest:

Tuesday, January 24

Penn State @ Rutgers
PxP: Jason Horowitz

Ohio State @ Illinois
6:00 PM, ESPN
PxP: Brian Custer
Color: Robbie Hummel

Wednesday, January 25

Wisconsin @ Maryland
6:00 PM, BTN

Indiana @ Minnesota
8:00 PM, BTN
PxP: Cory Provus

Thursday, January 26

Iowa @ Michigan State
6:00 PM, FS1
PxP: Gus Johnson
Color: Jim Jackson

Purdue @ Michigan
8:00 PM, FS1
PxP: Jason Benetti
Color: Bill Raftery

Saturday, January 28

Illinois @ Wisconsin
2:00 PM, FOX

Nebraska @ Maryland
3:30 PM, BTN
PxP: Jason Ross Jr.

Ohio State @ Indiana
7:00 PM, FOX

Sunday, January 29

Michigan @ Penn State
Color: Shon Morris

Michigan State @ Purdue
11:15 AM, CBS
PxP: Spero Dedes
Color: Jay Wright

Rutgers @ Iowa
1:00 PM, BTN
PxP: Dave Revsine
Color: Brian Butch

Last edited:
All times CENTRAL. All games nationally televised unless otherwise indicated. I will add announcers as they are assigned.

First, the NU games:

Wisconsin @ Northwestern
Monday, January 23

Northwestern @ Nebraska
Wednesday, January 25
6:00 PM, FS2
Color: Nick Bahe

Minnesota @ Northwestern
Saturday, January 28
PxP: Mike Hall
Color: Trent Meacham

And the rest:

Tuesday, January 24

Penn State @ Rutgers
PxP: Jason Horowitz

Ohio State @ Illinois
6:00 PM, ESPN
PxP: Brian Custer

Wednesday, January 25

Wisconsin @ Maryland
6:00 PM, BTN

Indiana @ Minnesota
8:00 PM, BTN
PxP: Cory Provus

Thursday, January 26

Iowa @ Michigan State
6:00 PM, FS1

Purdue @ Michigan
8:00 PM, FS1

Saturday, January 28

Illinois @ Wisconsin
2:00 PM, FOX

Nebraska @ Maryland
3:30 PM, BTN
PxP: Jason Ross Jr.

Ohio State @ Indiana
7:00 PM, FOX

Sunday, January 29

Michigan @ Penn State
Color: Shon Morris

Michigan State @ Purdue
11:15 AM, CBS
PxP: Spero Dedes
Color: Jay Wright

Rutgers @ Iowa
1:00 PM, BTN
PxP: Dave Revsine
Color: Brian Butch
Styre,

With the ‘Cats sitting in a tie for 2nd place in the standings at basically the halfway point in conference play, could CBS pick up a late season conference game featuring NU? Not sure if there’s any flexibility on that front these days with the plethora of network coverage, but if so, the regular season finale at Rutgers stands out to me as potential option.

Thanks for all the work you put into these weekly posts!

Reactions: drewjin
Styre,

With the ‘Cats sitting in a tie for 2nd place in the standings at basically the halfway point in conference play, could CBS pick up a late season conference game featuring NU? Not sure if there’s any flexibility on that front these days with the plethora of network coverage, but if so, the regular season finale at Rutgers stands out to me as potential option.

Thanks for all the work you put into these weekly posts!

Generally speaking, no, CBS does not flex games into or out of its schedule. CBS is currently showing Michigan-Indiana on March 5.

Generally speaking, no, CBS does not flex games into or out of its schedule. CBS is currently showing Michigan-Indiana on March 5.
Even if they did, I’m sure what CBS wants are good games, good stories and good brands. We might qualify for the first two but not the last one. Good brands provide insurance against games that don’t turn out to be good.

Even if they did, I’m sure what CBS wants are good games, good stories and good brands. We might qualify for the first two but not the last one. Good brands provide insurance against games that don’t turn out to be good.
That’s a good point.

I asked Styre because the 2017 regular season finale against Purdue (closed out Welsh-Ryan) had Nantz, Hill and Rafterty on the broadcast. I seem to remember it being an in-season pick up by CBS, but that team was coming off a 20 win 2015-16 campaign. Also, I believe FOX wasn’t broadcasting the BIG for another year, yet. And as you mentioned, Purdue would be the basketball “brand”.

This current run of success has been quite the surprise to everyone outside Collins and his cast of characters. It makes sense they wouldn’t be on CBS’ radar.

That’s a good point.

I asked Styre because the 2017 regular season finale against Purdue (closed out Welsh-Ryan) had Nantz, Hill and Rafterty on the broadcast. I seem to remember it being an in-season pick up by CBS, but that team was coming off a 20 win 2015-16 campaign. Also, I believe FOX wasn’t broadcasting the BIG for another year, yet. And as you mentioned, Purdue would be the basketball “brand”.

This current run of success has been quite the surprise to everyone outside Collins and his cast of characters. It makes sense they wouldn’t be on CBS’ radar.

You're correct that Purdue 2017 was an in-season pickup, but CBS used to leave an end-of-season broadcast slot or two unassigned and pick a game when the date got closer, and that was an example. They haven't done that since FOX got involved, and like I said, the March 5 slot is already assigned to Michigan-Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT