ADVERTISEMENT

Big Thieves, March 8

Honestly, with Illinois now out, I really don't see a path for NU to miss now, unless the committee REALLY thinks the Big 10 is bad. There could still be two bid thieves from the Big 10 (Rutgers over Iowa in the final, for example), but there won't be the last theoretical comparison of Big 10 teams between NU and a team NU hasn't beaten.
MSU taking care of business over PSU as well

We all want them to play well. And a win over RUT would seal the deal for sure. But probably OK even with a loss (with a bubble as weak as it appears this year) as RUT.
Currently, Rut is per computer ratings about #140 nationally (the committee may view them differently but I doubt it would be THAT different). So, a couple of wins are not going to change that drastically. The ONLY good thing about beating RU is to avoid a VERY BAD loss (which they came fairly close to give NU in Evanston, no less).

Now, beating Mary in what amounts to a home game for them would be absolutely fabulous. If the cats can pull that off I'd be VERY happy to be the last one to call them "a lock".

The winner of Cal-Utah could be in a good spot to steal a bid. TCU could be in now as well. Iowa if they beat Indiana. K-State if they win their game.

A win over Rutgers should take care of things, but a loss would look very bad and would give us a 3-7 record in our last 10. Some of you are batsh*t crazy to be so confident.

Guys, you are taking Feli WAY too seriously in this thread, imo, and he LIVES for this type of attention. He is a buffoon who believes everything he he says is 100% correct, no matter what others say. Trying to put together rational retorts to his posts is completely useless; you are talking to a wall. Much better to ignore or make fun of him like the vast majority of posters do.

Guys, you are taking Feli WAY too seriously in this thread, imo, and he LIVES for this type of attention. He is a buffoon who believes everything he he says is 100% correct, no matter what others say. Trying to put together rational retorts to his posts is completely useless; you are talking to a wall. Much better to ignore or make fun of him like the vast majority of posters do.

Which is why some of us have him on ignore. Savor the ignore function - it does its job, but only if you let it.

FS, your predictions are in their rightful place as they have been all season long. Deep in a pile in the toilet! There will be a team announced that will make the tourney and it won't be Iowa, OSU or Illinois. I hope you will be able to figure it out. It might take you until Sunday, but I know you can do it!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT