ADVERTISEMENT

Big Win for WSOC

Salty group defensively. Frequently stepped in aggressively and cleanly to disposses. Only one or two shots on goal for the game is pretty great. Beat #19 Xavier 2-0 a few days earlier.

Apparently the 3-6-1 formation has been causing problems for opponents.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Cats take down #6 Stanford 1-nil tonight on a BTN telecast. Stanford had not given up a first half goal all season, and had scored 10 themselves. Cats shut 'em out. Last Sunday, NU beat #19 Xavier. NU are now 5-1-1 in the young season.

Congrats to the women footballers!

I didn't notice initially that the tweet in the original post was from Pat Fitzgerald...

I have always thought Coach Fitz represented NU well by giving social media props to the other NU teams. It creates the impression that he cares about the university as a whole.

That is highly commendable for a future Athletic Director!

And it was a big win for Women's soccer. I tracked down a full HD replay on Fox Sports. NU's lakefront field looked almost as good as our defense...

I didn't notice initially that the tweet in the original post was from Pat Fitzgerald...

I have always thought Coach Fitz represented NU well by giving social media props to the other NU teams. It creates the impression that he cares about the university as a whole.

That is highly commendable for a future Athletic Director!

And it was a big win for Women's soccer. I tracked down a full HD replay on Fox Sports. NU's lakefront field looked almost as good as our defense...

“It creates the impression that he cares about the university as a whole”

FIFY:

“It shows that he cares about the university as a whole”

Another Dub tonight as NU beat UN-L 4-2.

Check out The Foundation......

And interestingly, in the latest rankings NU is 9th, while Stanford is 19th with a 7-1-1 record, the only loss being to #9........

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Found the box score on the Rutgers website...

Both teams played tight in the first half, then the game opened up, with NU getting the bulk of the scoring opportunities, after Rutgers tied it early in the 2nd half.
You could actually have followed the play by play and gotten the box score on the NU website. NU dominated the game in all statistical categories. I followed the play by play for most of the second half. Just go to the NU website, and scroll down to women's soccer and then click on schedule. Scroll down to the game in question, click on it, and then click on live stats.

Reactions: hlstone
You could actually have followed the play by play and gotten the box score on the NU website. NU dominated the game in all statistical categories. I followed the play by play for most of the second half. Just go to the NU website, and scroll down to women's soccer and then click on schedule. Scroll down to the game in question, click on it, and then click on live stats.
Thanks for that info!

Reactions: No Chores
Like Field Hockey today, Cats go up 2-0 and then give up a quick goal. Lead Vandy 2-1 near end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT