ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen-ACC Challenge

1-1 Minny did not look great against what appears to be a meh BC team.
I agree. I watched the first half and some of the second. That was a bad basketball game with two seemingly undisciplined teams.

BC beat Loyola last week to win a tournament so I don't think they are too bad. Minny had a couple good wins going into that game but their shooting was bad last night (like ours against Fresno).

BC beat Loyola last week to win a tournament so I don't think they are too bad. Minny had a couple good wins going into that game but their shooting was bad last night (like ours against Fresno).

BC lost to IUPUI as well, tho, and I know IUPUI is bad...

BTN guys (Crispin and Bardo) pointed out Minny's inadequate zone offense. They basically just tossed it around the edges and made no attempt to go inside. That's a recipe for disaster, especially when you hit 5 of 30 three-pointers. Reminded me of Indiana's inept performance against the Syracuse zone under Crean.

BTN guys (Crispin and Bardo) pointed out Minny's inadequate zone offense. They basically just tossed it around the edges and made no attempt to go inside. That's a recipe for disaster, especially when you hit 5 of 30 three-pointers. Reminded me of Indiana's inept performance against the Syracuse zone under Crean.
Reminded me of their game last year at Allstate when we zoned them.

Anyone see the Illinois / ND game?

ND has fallen from the heights reached the last few years.

Illinois is super quick and pesky on defense....their big guy - he's a frosh - has a nice, soft touch around the basket. And that's it. A big guy with four point guards. And little evidence that they can put the ball in the basket. Also, looks like Kipper Nichol's game has been completely ruined. I get the defense, but don't yet see what Underwood is doing. Ayo is quality.

Coach Underwood is putting his best five out there, excepting Kipper who remains in the dog house for not hustling after a loose ball in the second half of the Georgetown game. That lead to an easy two points for the Hoyas in an extremely close game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT