ADVERTISEMENT

Boo to the NBA

Smart move. Will get feedback from NBA staff and scouts that will help him in the league or Europe down the road. But my best guess is that he will be back in Evanston next season.
I think this is it. By going through the process he gets feedback and increases his visibility to foreign leagues.

Furthermore there is a detail that is important in my view here: unlike Nance he's not entering the portal (at least not yet).

Ta'lon cooper of the Gophers also declared to the NBA. And that's laughable in itself. He also entered the portal and is already listed as transferring to South Carolina.

Last edited:
Yeah this feels like the beginning of the story, not the end. Long way to go before he has to decide what he actually plans to do next year. Getting pro feedback is smart.

Smart move. Will get feedback from NBA staff and scouts that will help him in the league or Europe down the road. But my best guess is that he will be back in Evanston next season.
I agree.

Yes they will also need a player from the portal as well. Maybe they have some coming in for visits

Yes they will also need a player from the portal as well. Maybe they have some coming in for visits
Even w both Boo and Chase back, we sit at 9 out of 13 schollies. And it’s not like we have a huge class lined up behind this one to account for.

We ran 10 legit schollies this year. Ten. Even w Boo and Chase we need G depth that will get minutes. Big minutes cuz none of these incoming frosh are blue chippers expected to rock the world.

Staff should be able to sell: you either start or finish regardless get 20 mpg.

Let’s exam the way way too early minute thing w Chase and Boo:

Chase 30
Boo 30
BB 25
Mart 20
MN 25

Berry 25
Frosh 1 or transfer 15 or 25
Frosh 2 or transfer 15 or 10
Frosh 3 or transfer 15 or 10

(This scenario accounts for only 12 schollies btw)

And w no Boo and or Chase….

Getting back on topic: I’ve looked for NBA mock drafts with both rounds just to see if Boo is mentioned.

He isn’t in the mock drafts, and based on that and other projections… right now he looks like a long shot to be on an NBA roster next season.

Even Pickett from PSU, an awesome collegiate player, is a borderline 2nd round pick due to his lack of elite athleticism.

So, I’m hopeful he’ll return, bring Chase and others with him, and dominate the B1G next year.

Alright, all off-topic posts have been deleted, including my own. My fault for taking the bait. This will be limited to discussing Boo to the NBA and nothing else.
Sorry Cappy, I was already writing my last post before you posted this. I don't think it was offensive, and I hope you'll leave it up long enough for PWB to consider it.

I love Boo and I don't think he has a chance making the NBA in this year's draft. If he can continue elevating his game over the next two years at the same rate he has over the last two years, he's got a decent chance. But compared to NBA level talent, he's too short and too slow to not need to be a deadly long range shooter at the least.

He has the drive and the heart tho, so it isn't beyond reach. I wish him luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT