ADVERTISEMENT

Braun named "day to day liaison '

Day-to-day liasion is just a placeholder until an interim is announced. We could probably assume the interim is from outside the program, otherwise Braun would've just been named interim himself.

Reactions: hawkdave007
I brought up his name in another thread, but I could see them reaching out to someone like David Shaw to run the program for a year. But I'd rather they open up the checkbook and hire Chris Petersen permanently.

Had to be him. Rest of senior staff too close to the longer term problem
Agreed, in fact this might be the first actual decision that makes sense so far. Don't want to cast aspersions on anybody else, but Braun is 100% clean and not involved in any of this, so this makes sense as a short-term thing.

Not sure how fast we can get an actual HC in place, but I'd think they'd look for an outside name to actually do the job this year.

Throw a big $ number at somebody that's respectable and give them the program for a year or two.

I brought up his name in another thread, but I could see them reaching out to someone like David Shaw to run the program for a year. But I'd rather they open up the checkbook and hire Chris Petersen permanently.

You’re delusional if you think anyone of that caliber would ever consider NU.

Come on, Chris Petersen. Are you serious? I think some of you are in for a rude awakening. This job will not be easy to fill.

From my limited knowledge, David Braun, could be the Fitz-like character we need. He appears to be low key and humble much like Randy Walker but without the offensive acumen. I'm afraid these next few years are going to suck and I don't know if he has the patience and the ability to handle it.

Of what little I know of Braun, wouldn't mind if he ended up as the interim HC, but longer term, would rather see a young, dynamic offensive-minded coach take the helm.

Of what little I know of Braun, wouldn't mind if he ended up as the interim HC, but longer term, would rather see a young, dynamic offensive-minded coach take the helm.
It will be Braun as interim. They don’t want Gragg hiring the new coach and they need to wait a while before they fire Gragg and Schill.

Reactions: FLCatEng
It will be Braun as interim. They don’t want Gragg hiring the new coach and they need to wait a while before they fire Gragg and Schill.
Why do they need to wait?

Also, how do we know Braun is clean? Does the hazing not happen over the summer? Plus, shouldn't he have been accountable for due diligence on the job before he took it? Surely in talking to players and coaches around the program he must have uncovered something as pervasive as this abusive hazing. What kind of hazing went on at NDSU under his watch? Did he notice any difference in the programs, and if so, why would he join such a compromised system under Fitz?

Based on the events of the last week, I'd be asking him these questions before the media until he's finally forced out.

Why do they need to wait?

Also, how do we know Braun is clean? Does the hazing not happen over the summer? Plus, shouldn't he have been accountable for due diligence on the job before he took it? Surely in talking to players and coaches around the program he must have uncovered something as pervasive as this abusive hazing. What kind of hazing went on at NDSU under his watch? Did he notice any difference in the programs, and if so, why would he join such a compromised system under Fitz?

Based on the events of the last week, I'd be asking him these questions before the media until he's finally forced out.
Or maybe he'll be exempted from these questions because media will have moved on to the next controversy, and they don't care unless a highly paid, high-profile head coach is involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT