ADVERTISEMENT

WILDCAT REPORT OFFICIAL SIGNING DAY THREAD

Obviously this class is not of the caliber of some of our recent classes but I really think NU has found a couple of diamonds in the rough in Smith and Campbell. Both need physical development but I would not be surprised to see them become meaningful contributors by their 2nd year in the program. I think Campbell eventually grows into a DT.

Happy NLI Signing Day to all those who celebrate. We’ll be tracking our official signees here throughout the day. These will be the first signees of the David Braun era.

Are we expecting any surprise commitments today or are those most likely happening on 2nd signing day?

I feel like this is a special class that will always hold a place in our hearts. They are the brave warriors who committed to an ideal that is Northwestern despite all the turmoil going on around it. They may not be the highest ranked class on paper, but I wouldn't be surprised if this group outperforms their rankings.

Are we expecting any surprise commitments today or are those most likely happening on 2nd signing day?

Haven’t heard much out of NU lately, but did hear we are not expecting to flip anyone from other schools. Left open the possibility that we have late additions from currently uncommitted kids, but I would be pretty surprised.

Reactions: corbi296
Obviously this class is not of the caliber of some of our recent classes but I really think NU has found a couple of diamonds in the rough in Smith and Campbell. Both need physical development but I would not be surprised to see them become meaningful contributors by their 2nd year in the program. I think Campbell eventually grows into a DT.
I really like Campbell as well, massive upside

Impressive transformation. But he looks pretty maxed out.
Not at all, especially in his lower body. Could already have added more weight since the “after” picture was May of 23. I could see him play DE as as RS freshman at 245-250 lbs after a redshirt season of hitting the weight room and training table.

Very intriguing prospect. Add 5 more pounds of muscle and maintain that 4.44 speed. Just what the doctor ordered for our LB corps. And the name Qayvier Johnson has a first round NFL ring to it.
His HS coach, Joe Linta, is also an NFL players agent. He was quoted in the attached article that he thought Johnson would be in the NFL in 4-5 years.

Now...would be good to know amongst seniors with eligibility, who is returning? Weren't there 40 at Sr day?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT