ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: CATS LAND 2020 SHOOTING GUARD JOE BAMISILE

Scru, where did you get the info on his vertical and wingspan? Thanks in advance

From a scouting report I linked on the Rock. Can't vouch for the accuracy. But there is no doubt the young man has great length and some serious hops.

GOUNUII

He's 6' 5" .... very similar to Taylor Horton Tucker

No. Completely different body builds.30 or so lbs. separate them. 6-5? Maybe. But I wouldn't bet on it. More likely shorter than that. None of that really matters though. He's a baller with the physical strength and tools/skills to be an impact player for the Cats. A great continuation of the recruiting mojo on the heels of a very disappointing season. Kudos to Collins and staff.

GOUNUII

6'4" with a 7'1" wingspan doesn't seem credible. If so, his ratio of wingspan to height would easily exceed that of guys like Russell Westbrook and Antetokounmpo.

No. Completely different body builds.30 or so lbs. separate them. 6-5? Maybe. But I wouldn't bet on it. More likely shorter than that. None of that really matters though. He's a baller with the physical strength and tools/skills to be an impact player for the Cats. A great continuation of the recruiting mojo on the heels of a very disappointing season. Kudos to Collins and staff.

GOUNUII

The combo of height....both are in the 6 4" - 6 5" range....and arm span....THT is 7' 3" and JB is 7' 1".....is a rarity in college bball....so similar is correct description if those numbers are accurate.

Yes, THT has 30 lbs on JB.....but JB plays a physical game and just finished his junior year. JB has grown 2+ inches in two years....will be interesting to see if he adds another inch or two before playing for the cats.

Can you elaborate. How do the 2 compliment each other?

GOUNUII

i think boo is more similar to a bmac type player. i think joe b is more similar to a demps where he can handle the ball - but is probably better suited as a scorer. so while joe b can create his own - he can really be dangerous with a kid like boo is an excellent driver and passer

Reactions: Hungry Jack
i think boo is more similar to a bmac type player. i think joe b is more similar to a demps where he can handle the ball - but is probably better suited as a scorer. so while joe b can create his own - he can really be dangerous with a kid like boo is an excellent driver and passer

Seems more like a combo of Demps and Gaines. Much more size, strength and athleticism than Demps as a HS JR. Hope he works a lot on his ball control skills over the next 1.5 years so that he can create off the dribble at the B1G level. These guys that can rely on their athleticism alone in HS seem to find a whole new game at the college level.

Seems more like a combo of Demps and Gaines. Much more size, strength and athleticism than Demps as a HS JR. Hope he works a lot on his ball control skills over the next 1.5 years so that he can create off the dribble at the B1G level. These guys that can rely on their athleticism alone in HS seem to find a whole new game at the college level.

yes - no need to argue on who he is like. he is a long, athletic, and physcial scorer. i don't think he a long term primary ball handler early on other than a "get it an go" situation.

this is why i think he compliments boo who is a primary ball handler.

i don't think he a long term primary ball handler early on other than a "get it an go" situation.

this is why i think he compliments boo who is a primary ball handler.

100% agree! Hope that Boo can be that guy, or CCC finds "the guy" in the transfer market or with the 2020 class

Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

GOUNUII

Bam can score in bunches and still seems to be growing. Only a junior, went from 6-2 170 lbs as a soph to 6-4 or 6-5 197 lbs with 7-1 wingspan, maybe he can get to 6-6 or so by the time he's done growing. More importantly, reports are that he's a tireless worker obsessed with getting better.

Said Bamisile: “I’m one of these people who think you only get what you give. If I don’t put in the appropriate amount of work for a day, I feel like I haven’t accomplished my day’s worth of living.”​

A+ for attitude.

Reactions: scru and NJCat
I'm going to say a combo of Hearn and Cobb.

Hearn's ability to get to the basket, Cobb's handle and both could shoot from the arc pretty well.

Not that I put much weight on rankings such as these, but Future150 has Bam ranked 34th nationally (and that's evidently before his growth spurt and weight gain).

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/joe-bamisile-pg-richmond-va-2020

At least on paper, the combo of Bam and Boo should make for a very nice backcourt of the future (like that the 2 has the ability to bring up the ball if need be and not always dependent on the lead guard).

Apparently, academics was high on Bam's list and being friends w/ Beran, while nice, was not a deciding factor.

Reactions: freewillie07
I'm going to say a combo of Hearn and Cobb.

Hearn's ability to get to the basket, Cobb's handle and both could shoot from the arc pretty well.

Not that I put much weight on rankings such as these, but Future150 has Bam ranked 34th nationally (and that's evidently before his growth spurt and weight gain).

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/joe-bamisile-pg-richmond-va-2020

At least on paper, the combo of Bam and Boo should make for a very nice backcourt of the future (like that the 2 has the ability to bring up the ball if need be and not always dependent on the lead guard).

Apparently, academics was high on Bam's list and being friends w/ Beran, while nice, was not a deciding factor.

Bam-boo power!

Go WildPandas!

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT