ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: NU lands Cincinnati QB Ben Bryant

With the OL and WR corps being ?? I think you're going to need some level of mobility at QB because whoever starts is going to be running out of the pocket more than not.

Better to make your read quickly and get the ball out.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Agreed but this guy is not as good as Peyton Ramsey. Don't expect that kind of turnaround because of him.
Like I said. We are not expecting someone to lead us to the B1G title game this year like Ramsey did in 2020. We’re looking for an experienced winner. That’s who we got and hopefully he will be a piece of the puzzle to get us a few more wins to get us on a positive trajectory again.

Agreed but this guy is not as good as Peyton Ramsey. Don't expect that kind of turnaround because of him.
What is that based on? Stats would suggest he is at least pretty similar. If his pocket presence and understanding allows him to move around to avoid rush and get rid of ball quickly he can probably do OK even with being more of a statue. Of course we still need to see what our running attack looks like

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Agreed. From what I've seen he definitely seems more accurate than Hilinski, low bar but it is a very important factor in his favor. Having said that, he is transferring out of Cinci because he was not guaranteed a starting spot despite those stats. They had a coaching change so that is a factor but also worth noting that his former coach didn't recruit Bryant to join him at Wisconsin. The kid is a great add for NU just based on his experience and our desperate need to add depth at the position but let's be realistic about him. He is not a savior a la Ramsey nor is he a lock to start in my opinion because Sullivan is a better player than what most people think.

Sullivan is more mobile, which is a positive and maybe even a necessity given what could be a porous line and receivers who may still be unable to separate if the new coaching isn’t going to make immediate and drastic impact.

But, he could not throw the ball any thing like Bryant has and he has not accomplished anything remotely close to what Bryant has done on the field.

We shall see.

What is that based on? Stats would suggest he is at least pretty similar. If his pocket presence and understanding allows him to move around to avoid rush and get rid of ball quickly he can probably do OK even with being more of a statue. Of course we still need to see what our running attack looks like
It doesn't look like Bryant will have nearly the supporting cast, on either side of the ball, that Ramsey. But, hey, I'd be thrilled with 5 wins. I expect 2.

Actually having watched him play. Something I am going to venture to guess that none of the folks doing backflips about his commitment have actually ever done. A good player, not a great a player. Unfortunately a lot of similarities between him and Hilinski and we all saw how effective Hilinski was in our offense. The guys popping party favors over his commitment are likely to be the same guys calling for his benching one game into his NU career. That’s your average NU fan for you.

Actually having watched him play. Something I am going to venture to guess that none of the folks doing backflips about his commitment have actually ever done. A good player, not a great a player. Unfortunately a lot of similarities between him and Hilinski and we all saw how effective Hilinski was in our offense. The guys popping party favors over his commitment are likely to be the same guys calling for his benching one game into his NU career. That’s your average NU fan for you.
Thanks. Just wanted to know what your statement was based on. That said, he has had a lot more experience than Hillinski had before coming and it would seem that if he is quick at seeing the field and making decisions, he has a fair chance at survival

We need some semblance of a passing game. We have have had 8 in the box against us for the last two years. If you can’t threaten with the pass, Your QB better have the mobility of Lamar Jackson to be successful with that. We know Sully can move around some, but what we don’t know is if we can have an effective P5 passing game with him now at this stage of his development. Sully has the edge with mobility, Bryant with experience. We’ll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT