ADVERTISEMENT

Brooklyn, we did it! ROLL CALL: who else is going?

UConn fans are buying up a ton of tickets and driving up the price for our game.
I mean to be fair this is kind of always going to happen. You're going to have 1-2 of the top teams that are high seeds and regionally situated that usually have larger fan bases (UCLA, Arizona, Gonzaga in past years) that have a high amount of demand for tickets. This year the UConn fan base might be slightly larger than some others, and if we make it to Sunday then the Duke fans will compete quite a bit as well.

The best way to address this is to get to the point where we are a top seed and thus have influence over our own destination, and also then maybe our fanbase grows to the point where other schools are talking about how "Northwestern fans are buying up all the tickets and driving up prices" which is sorta what happened for the 2nd round game against Gonzaga in SLC.

Reactions: drewjin
Do we know which 'block' NU was allocated tickets between Sections 7, 9, 23, and 25? If similar to past tourneys, each of the four teams in the Session will get one of these locations.

Is this brooklyn site "madison square garden?" Not sure if it has been itemized yet. Just wondering...never been to brooklyn. Only manhattan. If yes, I really wish I could go. Sadly will have to watch on tube

Prices have dropped since this morning, albeit for some of the worst seats in the building. Below $100 including fees in some spots on the resale sites.

Prices seem to be dropping.

Look for them to REALLY drop for ou second round game if either Duke or UConn lose their first round game. Their tickets will flood the market.

BTW - As someone who is more of a Knicks fan but attends Nets games because Knicks tickets are only affordable if you are a billionaire these days, be warned about section 200 in Barclays. It has one of the steepest slopes in stadiums anywhere. I refuse to sit up there due to the vertigo feelings I get. Better be in good shape too to climb up the stairs. Also very narrow space between your seat and one in front of you. Better not be too fat.

I am not trying to discourage anyone from going, but if you haven't bought tickets yet, or have a medical condition, perhaps this information is of use.

Here is a thread about this from a few years back on reddit and an article from the NY Post from a few years ago. Nothing has changed (how could it?).

BTW - As someone who is more of a Knicks fan but attends Nets games because Knicks tickets are only affordable if you are a billionaire these days, be warned about section 200 in Barclays. It has one of the steepest slopes in stadiums anywhere. I refuse to sit up there due to the vertigo feelings I get. Better be in good shape too to climb up the stairs. Also very narrow space between your seat and one in front of you. Better not be too fat.

I am not trying to discourage anyone from going, but if you haven't bought tickets yet, or have a medical condition, perhaps this information is of use.

Here is a thread about this from a few years back on reddit and an article from the NY Post from a few years ago. Nothing has changed (how could it?).

Great NY Post article.

For Chicagoans, it’s steeper than ‘New’ Comiskey when it opened in the early 90s. For Cats fans, it’s *also* steeper than the Sacramento arena where NU played last year.

Alright, got tickets for myself and a buddy in 227.
I think I’ll be very close to the team’s bench so I can provide my calm, silent support to CCC and the squad.

Otherwise I’m going to be as loud and obnoxious as you all think I am and heckle the shit out of the FAU coach! Go Cats go!

I paid an ass ton for my ticket, and there are no moderators in real life! I don’t care if I get banned from the Brooklyn stadium (MSG… different story). That Gonzaga bullshit isn’t happening on my watch.

I think NU is Section 25, but I'm not 100% certain.
There were limited seats for the official NU allocation (as with last year) which largely went to family of the team and probably some top donors / AD officials. The official NU seats are in Section 25 and 226.

I think I’ll be very close to the team’s bench so I can provide my calm, silent support to CCC and the squad.

Otherwise I’m going to be as loud and obnoxious as you all think I am and heckle the shit out of the FAU coach! Go Cats go!

I paid an ass ton for my ticket, and there are no moderators in real life! I don’t care if I get banned from the Brooklyn stadium (MSG… different story). That Gonzaga bullshit isn’t happening on my watch.

Get ready for some Biggie!

OK, Mr. highroller, 2pac was better!

• Haha
Reactions: CatManTrue
There were limited seats for the official NU allocation (as with last year) which largely went to family of the team and probably some top donors / AD officials. The official NU seats are in Section 25 and 226.
So do those convert into UConn tickets or the 16 seeds after the game?

I may sell my current ticket to be closer to NU fans. And I might stick around for a bit of the UConn game to get my money’s worth.

OK, Mr. highroller, 2pac was better!
2pac was more of a poet, Biggie was more of a party.

This will be a party. I’m spending a lot of money on this ticket because I’ve been waiting 20+ years to see my Cats in a March Madness game.

I couldn’t make it in 2017 or last year. And when my kids are older, I’ll go for a more cost effective option.

You can’t take it with you folks! We may get crushed by FAU if Big Matt doesn’t play. Show up or shut up in New Yawk Citay!

Boo Buie needs us!

So do those convert into UConn tickets or the 16 seeds after the game?

I may sell my current ticket to be closer to NU fans. And I might stick around for a bit of the UConn game to get my money’s worth.
There are (parts of?) 4 sections in the lower level designated for school ticket allocations. If ours is 25, I'm guessing the others are 7, 9, 23. Since it is a joint ticket for the NU FAU and UConn Stetson games, our tickets will not convert into anything for the 1-16 game. It is the same ticket and same audience for both (to the extent fans from our game decide to stay / UConn fans arrive early).

The Session 2 tickets for Wisconsin, Duke, and the other 2 teams will be an entirely different set and they will each have their allocations across those 4 sections, plus most of the stadium being "unaffiliated" as with our games.

Then Session 3 tickets for Sunday will be sectioned out based on who wins on Friday. Most of the tickets end up being sold separately, just as with Sessions 1-2 on Friday, but if we win there would be a small allocation given to NU, not necessarily in the same sections (which one we'd get is probably designated in advance for each of the 4 game winners, but I don't personally know where ours would be).

In practice, it sounds like there will be a fair number of NU fans spread around the building for Friday, so I'm not sure that it's worth paying 2x egregious commissions on ticket websites to move. But that's up to you! I also am a bit more constrainted bc I have a larger group. If I just had 2 tickets to deal with then it would be easier than needing to figure out how to offload 8+ existing tickets and minimize the loss taken on that.

Certainly not a place Jerry would have picked methinks.

Jerry? Jerry Seinfeld? Who cares what he would have picked when this has Dr. Gragg’s endorsement?

This ZeroSpace looks cool! I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it in time. But you all, those of you who can, should enjoy!

Is this for alums only? 😂

It is not - you can sign up at that link. Go Cats! It's free admission and they will have snacks, just need to put your name on the list ahead of time. In the past it has asked to link to your NU Alumni ID (and could add unlimited guests who aren't alumni) but this year didn't prompt that to me so just fill that form out.

It is not - you can sign up at that link. Go Cats! It's free admission and they will have snacks, just need to put your name on the list ahead of time. In the past it has asked to link to your NU Alumni ID (and could add unlimited guests who aren't alumni) but this year didn't prompt that to me so just fill that form out.
Thanks I’m going to try to make it to this event, this is my first time to the big apple so I’ll be taking the train. Hopefully I can get to BK by at least 9 AM.

Thanks I’m going to try to make it to this event, this is my first time to the big apple so I’ll be taking the train. Hopefully I can get to BK by at least 9 AM.
I have friends in town from various places and promised someone who is flying in that I’d stay through the UW game which starts at 9:40… and might pretend to do like an hour of work in the AM while mainly thinking about matchups for the cats game and moving my cursor around and responding to like max 2 emails… so I may not arrive to the event until 10:30 or so. But I have confidence that there will be lots of people with happy mindsets and good vibes there.

Not sure how familiar you are with NYC subways, but any of the 2-3 (red line express, not 1 which cuts off local to South Ferry), 4-5 (green line express, not the 6 which cuts off at Brooklyn bridge), NQR (most of the yellow line, not W), and BD (orange line express, not F-M which goes a different direction) will get you to within a short walk to Barclays center. Or a shortish walk to the event.

If you aren’t an old fart, then just put it in google maps and technology will help you out. But I have my dad in town this weekend who has a bad back right now and am sensitive to those for whom G maps is not a normal thing, so trying to be helpful for anyone who might need guidance. We need to maximize the Wildcat fans that can assemble. Bring the purple. Let’s swarm on Barclays circa 12:15pm ET.

(PS if all of that really confused you, just call an Uber or Lyft. I don’t love either company and they are expensive in NYC, but with the congestion tax these days more often than not it will still be slightly cheaper than a yellow cab - as long as it’s not on ridiculous surge pricing… which does happen at times)

I have friends in town from various places and promised someone who is flying in that I’d stay through the UW game which starts at 9:40… and might pretend to do like an hour of work in the AM while mainly thinking about matchups for the cats game and moving my cursor around and responding to like max 2 emails… so I may not arrive to the event until 10:30 or so. But I have confidence that there will be lots of people with happy mindsets and good vibes there.

Not sure how familiar you are with NYC subways, but any of the 2-3 (red line express, not 1 which cuts off local to South Ferry), 4-5 (green line express, not the 6 which cuts off at Brooklyn bridge), NQR (most of the yellow line, not W), and BD (orange line express, not F-M which goes a different direction) will get you to within a short walk to Barclays center. Or a shortish walk to the event.

If you aren’t an old fart, then just put it in google maps and technology will help you out. But I have my dad in town this weekend who has a bad back right now and am sensitive to those for whom G maps is not a normal thing, so trying to be helpful for anyone who might need guidance. We need to maximize the Wildcat fans that can assemble. Bring the purple. Let’s swarm on Barclays circa 12:15pm ET.

(PS if all of that really confused you, just call an Uber or Lyft. I don’t love either company and they are expensive in NYC, but with the congestion tax these days more often than not it will still be slightly cheaper than a yellow cab - as long as it’s not on ridiculous surge pricing… which does happen at times)
No way in hell I’m taking the Subway.

Walk or UberLyft.

I love the subway
3.2 million people take it every day, but sure, we can fearmonger. I'll be on it tomorrow feeling fine
Yes, tell the New York Governor to stop fearmongering by sending the national guard onto the subways to search bags due to the surge of violent crimes. Apparently, the NYPD can’t handle it anymore.

Good luck down there!

Wait.... did the congestion car tax go into effect? It wasn't there the last time I drove into the city, but I think that was December.

3.2 million people take it every day, but sure, we can fearmonger. I'll be on it tomorrow feeling fine
My son takes it every single day including late at night and has never had any issues

Wait.... did the congestion car tax go into effect? It wasn't there the last time I drove into the city, but I think that was December.
It hasn’t started yet. All the more reason to Uber to the game and avoid the underground death trap!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT