ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Tailgate will be at the Penn State game

• Oct. 7 – Hutcheson Field (South of Martin Stadium) at Northwestern University
WTF??????????????
They are going to WSU campus for our game?

Martin Stadium is also the lacrosse/soccer field on the Lakefill just north of the outdoor football practice field:

http://www.nusports.com/facilities/?id=5

Just odd that they would state that in the note since there is a much more well-known Martin Stadium, and if they just said Hutcheson field that would have been descriptive enough. If it confused one poster on here, I suspect it confused others as well.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
They should have it by Wildcat Alley. How do they expect fans to attend when kickoff is at 11am and it is clear across campus. I'm sure it is to show off the new facilities to the tv audience. To hell to the fans who actually attend the game. Typical NU.

They should have it by Wildcat Alley. How do they expect fans to attend when kickoff is at 11am and it is clear across campus. I'm sure it is to show off the new facilities to the tv audience. To hell to the fans who actually attend the game. Typical NU.

Exactly. It's all about the TV shot. NU has been selling those lake shots since the advent of color TV. Back when we couldn't win a game, it was all we had to sell: the amazing lake views and proximity to Chicago. Now, we actually have a team and something resembling a crowd. It can and should be held by the stadium. Use a remote camera for the obligatory "from the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan..." shots.

Reactions: 2388bb and Noah121
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT