ADVERTISEMENT

BTT, Tournament

I might actually also prefer they win the BTT than go to and lose in the sweet 16, but that’s not what you said, what you said is you don’t care about the NCAA Tournament at all
I went back to check because even I couldn't believe I would say such a thing. Turns out I said "that tournament does not matter nearly as much to me."

Man, just when I thought we bonded as pseudo diehard fans in another thread.

It simply fascinates me that so many of our fans value the BTT over wins in the tournament that matters.

I care deeply about the BTT when we need to win it all to make the dance. I don’t now that we’re locked in.
Breaking news -Caitlin Clark is transferring to NU for the Spring Quarter and is eligible for the men's NCAA tournament run.

Breaking news -Caitlin Clark is transferring to NU for the Spring Quarter and is eligible for the men's NCAA tournament run.
Is she eligible for our BTT games?

Maybe we have a shot against Purdue after all.

@stpaulcat

is the BTT Tournament the Big Ten Tournament Tournament?

I love this team, but anyone that expects anything from us out of the BTT (sic) hasn't been paying attention for 25+ years, including last year
"I'll have a bloody mary, a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich." Dr. Rosen Rosen

Reactions: Darren72
The Big Ten tournament is the one that matters to me. I am going to the Big Ten Tournament. Virtually everyone I talk with about college basketball is a Big Ten fan. I can name 7-10 players on every Big Ten team. I couldn't name two players on any team outside the Big Ten. I'll root for the Cats in the NCAA tournament, and I'll support all the other Big Ten teams, but that tournament does not matter nearly as much to me.
Man. I waited almost 20 years as a fan for NU to make the tournament and I’m stoked we’re going for the 3rd time.

I really am surprised by our fans who prefer BTT victories over ones in the Dance. It still blows my mind to be able to pick Northwestern in a bracket and I hope I never lose that feeling.

Man. I waited almost 20 years as a fan for NU to make the tournament and I’m stoked we’re going for the 3rd time.

I really am surprised by our fans who prefer BTT victories over ones in the Dance. It still blows my mind to be able to pick Northwestern in a bracket and I hope I never lose that feeling.
Let's parse this a bit. Very, very few people would take one BTTT (tm) win over an NCAA win. I, personally, wouldn't take 2 B1G over 2 NCAA. The comparison that I made was B1G championship vs Sweet Sixteen. The BTTT matters if you win it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT