ADVERTISEMENT

Buckeyes need to Win Big

I know it’s not popular around these parts, by I will be rooting for Clemson and LSU/Okie against OSU. I will even root for Alabama to beat Michigan ( rumored bowl game) because of Hardballs. The lowered tired B1G teams can win.
I root for whoever feels more fun to root for.

That’s very rarely PSU or Michigan or OSU, but I root for fun players or fun stories. I enjoyed the Cardale Jones run a few years ago.

Reactions: FrancisSearle75
When you must recruit nationally the prestige of the conference matters. A lot. OSU is the conference’s best chance at a National Championship. Their success on the big stage can only help NU. I was hoping Harbaugh would do more for Michigan. That too is good for the conference and thus for NU.

OSU has cleaned up its student athlete experience quite a bit. My niece dates one of the OLM. We ( the player and I ) have talked about the specifics of the student athlete standards they are held to. Nothing for any knowledgeable fan to look down on. Very much in keeping with the academic transformation of the school as a whole. My 3 oldest all went to highly selective universities. My last to OSU. She has flourished professionally and now has NU/Stanford and Ivy grads working for her.

So you and others can keep gouging your eyes out over OSU. So long as you know you are rooting against NU’s interests and a school that has gone from the SEC cesspool of corruption to mainstream BIG standards even NU fans have reason to respect.

GOUNUII

Your logic won't work on me. Whatever made you feel like logic and rationale has anything to do with anything on these boards and in NU fandom? I wish your daughter your best, and I'm sure there are some good apples in dOSU football program. But, clean? That's a hoot. Something that dirty can never be made clean.

No sir, I will not sell my soul and root for the evil that is dOSU. Ever.

LSU gets the number one seed. OSU might prefer going to their second home in Glendale anyway.

I think on paper either LSU or OSU could be ranked 1. Those who say there’s a definitive difference are more often going on bias. OSU could make a legitimate argument but LSU made a bigger last minute impression. I tell OSU fans you can’t be upset with that because it was a last minute impression that got them into the playoffs in 2014 over Baylor and LSU.

Did LSU lose one of those 12 games? I must have missed it. As much as I hate to admit it beating Alabama Auburn, Georgia tips the threesome of Michigan, PSU and Wisconsin.

I would agree that LSUs victories may have trumped OSU’s, but I would argue playing PSU, Michigan, and having a repeat game against Wisconsin- back to back to back, closes the gap quite a bit in level of difficulty. The biggest part is the repeat. Wisconsin has the advantage of knowing what didn’t work the first time, and adjusting. So instead of long developing play action that is their signature, they went with quick drop short passes and double teaming or running away from Young. OSU did what they did in the first game. It took 1 and a half quarters to adjust. In the final 2 and a half quarters OSU outscored Wisconsin 34-7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT