ADVERTISEMENT

Campbell

4/45 guys on the Packers’ game day active roster are NU guys. Kind of crazy.
It's really clear our guys belong in the League but they weren't getting the chances they deserved. A club takes a chance on them and no surprise they're pretty good, they were pretty good for us.

Reactions: Palindrome
4/45 guys on the Packers’ game day active roster are NU guys. Kind of crazy.
And then there is our former Wildcat AD sitting in the big office as President of the Pack. Coincidence? I think not.

There are 11 Big Ten Packers. Our four is the most. Then, Iowa has two. OSU, Michigan, PSU, Illinois, and Maryland one each.

"Northwestern. The Packers’ Big Ten Team”

Both NU and GB are loved through good times and bad by their super-loyal fans. The Packers are even owned by their fans. The similarity ends there, though. Recently the Wildcats are owned by their opponents (insert frowning face and sad voice "ba-da-boom”).

And then there is our former Wildcat AD sitting in the big office as President of the Pack. Coincidence? I think not.

There are 11 Big Ten Packers. Our four is the most. Then, Iowa has two. OSU, Michigan, PSU, Illinois, and Maryland one each.

"Northwestern. The Packers’ Big Ten Team”

Both NU and GB are loved through good times and bad by their super-loyal fans. The Packers are even owned by their fans. The similarity ends there, though. Recently the Wildcats are owned by their opponents (insert frowning face and sad voice "ba-da-boom”).

I have specifically asked this and been told it has less to do with Murphy and more with our guys fitting the profile for which the Packers scout.

Reactions: Palindrome
I have specifically asked this and been told it has less to do with Murphy and more with our guys fitting the profile for which the Packers scout.
The Packers are just a smart organization in general. They have no traditional owner so they answer to their fans, who “own the team”. It is thus not a surprise that they’ve scouted and identified undervalued NU talent on relatively cheap deals.

There are NFL teams with great ownership and they’re usually in the mix for playoff appearances and Super Bowls.

Where as the teams with ownership issues (e.g. Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and... ugh... Chicago) usually stay bad with a few occasional bright spots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT