ADVERTISEMENT

Captains: Pardon, Law and...... Ash

Well, three is better than four, but still too many.

Grand Funk Railroad never sang "I'm your captains, yeah yeah yeah......"

And BTW, the NU press release is incorrect saying this is Dererk's first season as captain.

Ash and Pardon each take on the leadership role for the first time, while Law is serving as a captain for the second consecutive season.

From last year:

Senior guards Scottie Lindsey (Hillside, Ill./Fenwick) and Bryant McIntosh (Greensburg, Ind./Greensburg), redshirt junior forward Vic Law (South Holland, Ill./St. Rita) and junior center Dererk Pardon (Cleveland, Ohio/Villa Angela-St. Joseph) each will serve in the leadership role for the Wildcats.

Geez. You'd think they could get something as simple as this right!

Last edited:
Grand Funk Railroad never sang "I'm your captains, yeah yeah yeah......"

And BTW, the NU press release is incorrect saying this is Dererk's first season as captain.

Ash and Pardon each take on the leadership role for the first time, while Law is serving as a captain for the second consecutive season.

From last year:

Senior guards Scottie Lindsey (Hillside, Ill./Fenwick) and Bryant McIntosh (Greensburg, Ind./Greensburg), redshirt junior forward Vic Law (South Holland, Ill./St. Rita) and junior center Dererk Pardon (Cleveland, Ohio/Villa Angela-St. Joseph) each will serve in the leadership role for the Wildcats.

Geez. You'd think they could get something as simple as this right!
Fire Coach Collins!! This is unacceptable. :p

Reactions: Inovacat
As I said last season, there were some pretty obvious signs Law and Pardon were trying to take the group in a new direction. I'm interested to see if it continues and obviously spreads throughout the team.

I think it diminishes the title. Every senior plus major contributor is a captain. I think there should be one, an honor, elected by peers. This is a participation trophy.

As I said last season, there were some pretty obvious signs Law and Pardon were trying to take the group in a new direction. I'm interested to see if it continues and obviously spreads throughout the team.

Yep. Sounds like a good set of captains to me.

could you share a bit more about this

could you share a bit more about this

Geez...what’s not to understand. You could visibly see Pardon and Law trying to verbally charge up the younger guys last year while the leaders (mostly L) moped and hung their heads.

Can you elaborate please? What obvious signs and what direction?

Can anyone shed light on the supposed dissension and misalignments amongst the team leaders and the subsequent damage to chemistry? I keep hearing inferences to such and we saw the purported impact, but has anyone really been able to clarify what exactly went down and why we should feel we are over such issues for this year?

Thanks

Can anyone shed light on the supposed dissension and misalignments amongst the team leaders and the subsequent damage to chemistry? I keep hearing inferences to such and we saw the purported impact, but has anyone really been able to clarify what exactly went down and why we should feel we are over such issues for this year?

Thanks

I think the James comments about a veteran team not being prepared are insightful. No one here is really in a position to say what happened because no one was in the lockeroom or at practice. I think people are counting on roster turnover as allowing for a reboot. All I can say is that two years ago the team looked hungry and would do anything to win. Last year they went through the motions on many nights. That said they were probably an NIT team before the waves of injuries left them with 7 or 8 players.

Thanks
Mc and Lindsey didn’t like each other. Those close to Mc blamed Lindsey. Those close to Lindsey blamed Mc.

Also, CC was looking from double digit production from Falzon and at least, some production from Ivaunauskas and I.Brown which he never got. Falzon never showed that he was back from his knee surgery, Ivaunauskas was always injured and Brown fell into the doghouse and never got out and transferred. Lastly, but just as importantly, Lumpkin's defensive prowess and Taphorn's leadership were not replaced. Lindsey was never a vocal leader and was maddeningly inconsistent. McIntosh never had the burst after the guard from Brown injured his knee. Then throw in the lack of home atmosphere in Allstate Arena and you have a train wreck of a season. We can try to overanalyze the inner workings of the locker room, but it is all speculation and aren't we simply beating a dead horse. I focused on what I have seen on the court and on the bench but not what happens or happened in the locker room.

Let's focus on this season where we have a talented roster with some good depth at every position except for PG. Maybe Gaines can shoulder some of the PG load and be part of a strong defensive and athletic starting lineup.

Reactions: wocka
I felt like that is what the tea leaves said but have nothing to quote.
We had a weird thread in April or May where Mc’s old coach or family friend slagged Lindsey, and then I think Max Power (apologies to Max if it wasn’t you) had “well I heard things about Mc” comments about Mc.

Mc and Lindsey didn’t like each other. Those close to Mc blamed Lindsey. Those close to Lindsey blamed Mc.

Thanks. That begins to shed some light on the situation.

Anyone know what happened between the tourney year, when it wasn't a problem (or at least didn't show up in our play)? And if they didn't start liking each other why was that such a huge issue? They wouldn't pass to each other or something? Was it like Uncle Drew and the Big Fella? And then there's a question of why the beef? Did Mac sleep with Lindsey's girl or something like Uncle Drew and the Big Fella?

Thanks. That begins to shed some light on the situation.

Anyone know what happened between the tourney year, when it wasn't a problem (or at least didn't show up in our play)? And if they didn't start liking each other why was that such a huge issue? They wouldn't pass to each other or something? Was it like Uncle Drew and the Big Fella? And then there's a question of why the beef? Did Mac sleep with Lindsey's girl or something like Uncle Drew and the Big Fella?

Crickets chirping...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT