ADVERTISEMENT

Cats Get A-

Imagine if we didn’t shit the bed in the third quarter against Wisconsin.

Everyone says that about the 3rd quarter but to me, I had a feeling at halftime that we didn’t convert enough of Wisky’s first half mistakes into points and that would come back to haunt us.

Reactions: rmndcat
USA Today grades are in and NU got a solid A- for the season. Imagine if the debacle in Durham hadn't happened.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ams-2017-season-including-alabama/1020414001/

Both teams suffered conference smack-down losses on their 2017 records (NU to PSU & MSU to OSU), so I'm guessing that the difference between 10-3 Northwestern's "A-" and 10-3 Michigan State's "A" was that the Cats' loss to Duke was worse than Sparty's loss to the Domers.

Both teams suffered conference smack-down losses on their 2017 records (NU to PSU & MSU to OSU), so I'm guessing that the difference between 10-3 Northwestern's "A-" and 10-3 Michigan State's "A" was that the Cats' loss to Duke was worse than Sparty's loss to the Domers.
Agree. I also think Sparty showed more improvement from their dismal 2016.

Also MSU's win over the Nitneys was better than any win we had.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Fair in many cases, but I don't care what your expectations were, that season from Illinois deserves an F.
Actually, I expected Illinois to be terrible so based on expectations, they should have gotten a C. This report is tricky to talk about because it is based on the expectations as well as the performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT