ADVERTISEMENT

'Cats Lady Golfers Finish Second at Big Ten Championship

No Chores

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2006
Illinois wins it by 3 shots, primarily because Illinois' # 1 shot 62 today at Fox Chapel in Pittsburgh. I have played this golf course a couple of times, and that score is just unbelievable. Kelly Sim had a bad day, and that cost us, but that's the way it goes in golf.. We'll almost certainly be playing in a nice NCAA Regional.

Crystal Wang of Illinois with a Tiger-esque 12 shot win. Lauryn Nguyen and Jieni Li both under par to help pick Sim up.

Men also finished 2nd to Illinois at the Fighting Illini Spring Collegiate. It was a ridiculously distant 2nd in the team contest, but Daniel Svard shot the low round of the day (-5, 66) to finish solo 2nd just 2 back, 6 clear of 3rd. Nyfjall finished T6.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Yesterday's first round was such an uncharacteristic disaster I held back to avoid being the bearer of bad news. Great comeback today, the best team score by far. And they're doing it with Lauryn Nguyen off her game. Top 5 teams advance to nationals in Scottsdale.

Yesterday's first round was such an uncharacteristic disaster I held back to avoid being the bearer of bad news. Great comeback today, the best team score by far. And they're doing it with Lauryn Nguyen off her game. Top 5 teams advance to nationals in Scottsdale.
Irene Kim birdies 17 and 18 to preserve the top 5 finish, and the ladies advance out of the regional.

The team made the turn at -3 for the day and was in 1st place, well clear of the cut line, after 11 holes. But they were +9 on the final 7 holes, +6 for the day, and needed both of Kim's heroic birdies to avoid a playoff for the 5th place finish.

Congratulations to the team.

GOUNUII

The ladies will play in the NCAA finals at Grayhawk in Scottdale Arizona. Grayhawk has two first rate courses and I have played both of them. They are desert courses which are both fun and challenging. The ball really flies in the dry desert air and the greens are quite large. Talon is the higher rated course, but I'm not sure how many rounds will be played and I'm too lazy and inept to look it up. If it's four rounds, they could use both courses.

Reactions: DaCat
Well, at least it it will be dry air 100 as opposed to humid 100! 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT