ADVERTISEMENT

CATS LAND COMMIT NO. 8

You speak the truth. Haven't seen the "game changer" recruits from Taj Fitz yet. So far, another year of slightly better than average kids who may grow into solid players. Not exactly JJTBC or Godwin Iggy or Clay Thorson who are all future NFLers.
Fitz just isn't that good of a recruiter. Period. With dropping almost $300 million for the best practice and weight training facility in the nation, arguably, I simply expect to be battling against Michigan, MSU, Stanford, PSU etc. We aren't getting any star mileage for winning 10 games and having a great facility. Same ole recruits who are hard workers but come up just a bit short for competing for Divisions. Never mind a Big Ten Championship. C'mon maaannnnn

Reactions: NJCat
Keep in mind, Connor is a tight end and really wanted to play TE in college, but Purdue was the only P5 school to offer him for that. Other schools discussed OL, but until very recently, Connor didn’t really want to play on the OL.
There is no film on him playing T, so that’s why his offers appear to be lesser.
Kid is an athlete and knows the value of a NU education.
I trust you’ll be pleased with this pick up in 2-3 years.

Seems to have put on a lot of weight since last season as well.

Fitz just isn't that good of a recruiter. Period. With dropping almost $300 million for the best practice and weight training facility in the nation, arguably, I simply expect to be battling against Michigan, MSU, Stanford, PSU etc. We aren't getting any star mileage for winning 10 games and having a great facility. Same ole recruits who are hard workers but come up just a bit short for competing for Divisions. Never mind a Big Ten Championship. C'mon maaannnnn

Just stop. You’re back to post this kind of crap?

Yeah, he played last fall at TE around 250-255 but has the frame for 320lbs of good weight.

We’re still keeping him at TE for his senior year though. :)

Actually would have guessed he was more like 240 on junior tape. Either way, reading he’s up around 280 and still looks to have a lot of room left to grow.

Thanks for coming by. Hope you make it a habit.

Yeah, he played last fall at TE around 250-255 but has the frame for 320lbs of good weight.

We’re still keeping him at TE for his senior year though. :)

By the way, don’t take Turk seriously.. he posts crap most of the time to get attention. He’s been known to be wrong more often than not, and has a bad habit of disparaging our recruits.

Yep, I forget. We have the best recruiters and judges of talent in college football, every kid we offer is a superstar, whether everyone knows it or not, our coaches see all that all others miss, and any kid who accepts is a brilliant superstar for accepting the NU offer. Ones that don’t, well we really didn’t want them and we didn’t offer them the position they wanted to play. There’s always a reason why our kids haven’t garnered the offers from other professional recruiters around the US.

But again, when recruiting is all about facilities, as has been published and talked about ad nauseum, can someone please tell me why NU needed a $275m facility just to beat out non P5 and lower P5 teams?

Here’s a fun fact, of the kids we have offered, ranking them from highest to lowest rated, you currently have to go down 38 kids to find the first who accepted his NU offer. Hell, Illinois already landed our fourth highest rated recruit and we lost one to Minny today.

But I’m sure I’ll hear all about how those ratings change in their senior seasons and Baker Mayfield being a walk on and the such. The point I am making is that we are not (yet?) winning the recruiting battles against the teams we are trying to surpass and beat on the field. Spin it any way you like, but kids are STILL mostly choosing to go elsewhere over NU, and the facilities at this point do NOT seem to have changed that fact at all.

Last edited:
Yep, I forget. We have the best recruiters and judges of talent in college football, every kid we offer is a superstar, whether everyone knows it or not, our coaches see all that all others miss, and any kid who accepts is a brilliant superstar for accepting the NU offer. Ones that don’t, well we really didn’t want them and we didn’t offer them the position they wanted to play. There’s always a reason why our kids haven’t garnered the offers from other professional recruiters around the US.

But again, when recruiting is all about facilities, as has been published and talked about ad nauseum, can someone please tell me why NU needed a $275m facility just to beat out non P5 and lower P5 teams?

Here’s a fun fact, of the kids we have offered, ranking them from highest to lowest rated, you currently have to go down 38 kids to find the first who accepted his NU offer. Hell, Illinois already landed our fourth highest rated recruit and we lost one to Minny today.

But I’m sure I’ll hear all about how those ratings change in their senior seasons and Baker Mayfield being a walk on and the such. The point I am making is that we are not (yet?) winning the recruiting battles against the teams we are trying to surpass and beat on the field. Spin it any way you like, but kids are STILL mostly choosing to go elsewhere over NU, and the facilities at this point do NOT seem to have changed that fact at all.

Because the facilities have been open for all of a week and aren’t even fully completed yet.

Don’t be a fool. You and Turk are certainly entitled to your opinions, but to post disparaging thoughts on a congratulatory thread for a new commit is complete horseshit. You should both be banned for this crap as it is detrimental to the program and a clear violation of the board rules. This would be the case on many other boards. Take your thoughts over to the Rock and debate in an adult manner. If you truly cared for the program that’s what you would do.

Really, so the year of practices at Hutchinson Field, professional renderings and models the recruits have been shown for years, I’m misguided to have expected that to have had any affect on improving our recruiting win rate? It’s not until the final paint is dry that this will really kick in, huh?

I’m gonna guess you’ve never built a new house, usually requiring a substantial financial commitment based upon pictures, designs and usually only being able to walk he property per construction.

Such commitments are not as uncommon as you seem to think.

Don’t be a fool. You and Turk are certainly entitled to your opinions, but to post disparaging thoughts on a congratulatory thread for a new commit is complete horseshit. You should both be banned for this crap as it is detrimental to the program and a clear violation of the board rules. This would be the case on many other boards. Take your thoughts over to the Rock and debate in an adult manner. If you truly cared for the program that’s what you would do.

Guess what CSC, this is a FAN MESSAGE BOARD. Not the sycophantic ass kissing board so you can feel like these kids care what you think or your opinion at all. And the only disparagement going on here are other posters to me, yourself included. Or is calling someone a ‘fool’ escape your sense of irony, as you’re saying others are violating board rules and should be banned.

I did NOT disparage anyone at all, and went on to say multiple times for all ANY of us know, this kid will be an All Pro in three years. If you are unable to read and understand posts, and put forth a constructive argument, it is not I who doesn’t belong on a, again, A FAN MESSAGE BOARD.

Last edited:
Guess what CSC, this is a FAN MESSAGE BOARD. Not the sycophantic ass kissing board so you can feel like these kids care what you think or your opinion at all.

I did NOT disparage anyone at all, and went on to say multiple times for all ANY of us know, this kid will be an All Pro in three years. If you are unable to read and understand posts, and put forth a constructive argument, it is not I who doesn’t belong on a, again, A FAN MEASAGE BOARD.

You are not a fan. A true fan would never post this garbage in a congratulatory thread to a new commit. You are some sot of attention seeking contrrarion who gets off on disparaging the program. Again, you are entitled to your opinion - why not post on the premium board away from the eyes of players, recruits, parents, etc?

Really, so the year of practices at Hutchinson Field, professional renderings and models the recruits have been shown for years, I’m misguided to have expected that to have had any affect on improving our recruiting win rate? It’s not until the final paint is dry that this will really kick in, huh?

I’m gonna guess you’ve never built a new house, usually requiring a substantial financial commitment based upon pictures, designs and usually only being able to walk he property per construction.

Such commitments are not as uncommon as you seem to think.

You don't think other schools used the delay against us in negative recruiting? Hell Ifeadi Odenigbo mentioned faciltiies during his recruiting process and he's already committed, signed, redshirted, had a four-year career, been drafted to the NFL, and nearly spit out by The League

Practices at Hutchinson Field next to a construction site and pretty pictures on a page won't do much for recruiting. The thing that will make a difference is having guys walk through real live facilities, which isn't even possible yet.

And yes, I have renovated a condo based on plans and photos. Moreover, my entire post-football professional career has been built on financing large projects based on "on paper" contracts, plans, and engineers' recommendations. I'm extremely familiar with the "leap of faith" required in those situations.

But I'm also not a 16- or 17-year old kid making a life-altering decision, often times without the best support system in place. Big, flashy things make a big difference to those kids... which is why you're seeing these kind of facilities popping up at P5 football programs nationwide.

Do you honestly believe a thread on a message board is of any value whatwsoever to these kids and their parents? A ‘Congratulatory Thread’. That’s a thing, huh? I seriously hope no kid or his parents is putting ANY value whatsoever in the opinions of anonymous message board posters. If they are, and their self esteem is affected in any way, they probably don’t belong in high profile endeavors like P5 college football.

More likely, this is about YOUR self esteem. The need to feel like your opinions and input matter at all to our players and their families.

Look tissue wipe:

1. Cale Millen ... no offer QB from the West Coast commits to NU and soon after the professionals at Oregon and ASU follow suit. UWash doesn’t have the option of offering. Already committed its 2019 QB Schollie to another prospect. Outstanding film. Excellent athlete. Very good size. Very high ceiling. Great bloodlines. Didn’t give either the Ducks or Sun Devils the time of day. Great job of recruiting by NU. Kid is ahead of Thorson at the same age and has a very high ceiling.
2. No offer Tex. SB Tom Gordon commits to NU and the professionals at LSU follow. Kid is a LSU legacy with strong ongoing family ties to the school. Doesn’t budge sending out the same message Cale did. “ I am a NU Wildcat.” The same message Earnest Brown gave OSU and classmate Trevor Kent gave Michigan. Ditto O’Rourke and Newsome last year when ND came calling.
3. Lightly offered OLM Connor Foster from Oh and Dom D’Antonio from Ga. commit to NU prior to the 2018 formal evaluation period. One has never played OT and the other has played just one year of organized football. But both have elite size and athleticism, are still maturing physically and have a crazy strong work ethic. The professionals at top recruiting programs like OSU and ND stay in touch and invite them to campus. Both are classic examples of senior film offers by Top 20 programs. Possibly Top 10. NU is smart to do everything they can to take them off the board, and passes on much higher rated/offered prospects in the process. Great job of recruiting. Timing and projection is often everything in successful recruiting.
4. No Power 5 offer Mich. CB Rod Heard commits to NU. The professionals at UM follow. Heard says no thanks. Great job of recruiting a key position by the professionals at NU.
5. The pre May evaluation overnight unofficial visits from highly sought after prospects is at an all time high. All A list NU targets. Most with very good to elite offers from other professionals. Look for a slew of official visits in June, more in the Fall and a very strong 2019 class.

A program that has won 27 games over the last 3 years on the shoulders of their recruiting abilities, with a recruiting trajectory that has noticeably turned North in 2018 and a recruiting dunce like you publicly craps all over the recruiters and their recruits. Unbelievable.

GOUNUII

Last edited:
You don't think other schools used the delay against us in negative recruiting? Hell Ifeadi Odenigbo mentioned faciltiies during his recruiting process and he's already committed, signed, redshirted, had a four-year career, been drafted to the NFL, and nearly spit out by The League

Practices at Hutchinson Field next to a construction site and pretty pictures on a page won't do much for recruiting. The thing that will make a difference is having guys walk through real live facilities, which isn't even possible yet.

And yes, I have renovated a condo based on plans and photos. Moreover, my entire post-football professional career has been built on financing large projects based on "on paper" contracts, plans, and engineers' recommendations. I'm extremely familiar with the "leap of faith" required in those situations.

But I'm also not a 16- or 17-year old kid making a life-altering decision, often times without the best support system in place. Big, flashy things make a big difference to those kids... which is why you're seeing these kind of facilities popping up at P5 football programs nationwide.

GCG, I really really hope you’re right. But from what you are saying, (and I’m not sure I’m clear on your Ifeadi point), we are then at least one or two more seasons away from seeing a measurable impact on recruiting based upon this facility. It won’t be until the 2021 class, kids who are beginning their junior year recruiting process this fall, who will have a full recruiting process with us having Ryan FH completed and open.

That’s disappointing.

Do you honestly believe a thread on a message board is of any value whatwsoever to these kids and their parents? A ‘Congratulatory Thread’. That’s a thing, huh? I seriously hope no kid or his parents is putting ANY value whatsoever in the opinions of anonymous message board posters. If they are, and their self esteem is affected in any way, they probably don’t belong in high profile endeavors like P5 college football.

More likely, this is about YOUR self esteem. The need to feel like your opinions and input matter at all to our players and their families.

You’re pathetic. Too bad the mods don’t have the balls to take out the trash. Back to the Rock for me. Go Cats!

Reactions: mikewebb68
Look tissue wipe:

1. Cale Millen ... no offer QB from the West Coast commits to NU and soon after the professionals at Oregon and ASU follow suit. UWash doesn’t have the option of offering. Already committed its 2019 QB Schollie to another prospect. Outstanding film. Excellent athlete. Very good size. Very high ceiling. Great bloodlines. Didn’t give either the Ducks or Sun Devils the time of day. Great job of recruiting by NU. Kid is ahead of Thorson at the same age and has a very high ceiling.
2. No offer Tex. SB Tom Gordon commits to NU and the professionals at LSU follow. Kid is a LSU legacy with strong ongoing family ties to the school. Doesn’t budge sending out the same message Cale did. “ I am a NU Wildcat.” The same message Earnest Brown gave OSU and classmate Trevor Kent gave Michigan. Ditto O’Rourke and Newsome last year when ND came calling.
3. Lightly offered OLM Connor Foster from Oh and Dom D’Antonio from Ga. commit to NU prior to the 2018 formal evaluation period. One has never played OT and the other has played just one year of organized football. But both have elite size and athleticism, are still maturing physically and have a crazy strong work ethic. The professionals at top recruiting programs like OSU stay in touch and have them on campus. Both are classic examples of senior film offers by Top 20 programs. Possibly Top 10. NU is smart to do everything they can to take them off the board, and passes on much higher rated/offered prospects in the process. Great job of recruiting. Timing and projection is often everything in successful recruiting.
4. No Power 5 offer Mich. CB Rod Heard commits to NU. The professionals at UM follow. Heard says no thanks. Great job of recruiting a key position by the professionals at NU.
5. The pre May evaluation overnight unofficial visits from highly sought after prospects is at an all time high. All A list NU targets. Most with very good to elite offers from other professionals. Look for a slew of official visits in June, more in the Fall and a very strong 2019 class.

A program that has won 27 games over the last 3 years on the shoulders of their recruiting abilities, with a recruiting trajectory that has noticeably turned North in 2018 and a recruiting dunce like you publicly craps all over the recruiters and their recruits. Unbelievable.

GOUNUII

Amazing. Tissue wipe? And I’m the one who needs to be removed from the board for violating board rules. And yet here’s someone else who is unable to grasp the argument at hand and respond accordingly. Just fly off with rants and name calling.

As for your fan fiction about the timing and reasons behind offers and the players, that’s what it is. Unless you are on the recruiting staff, you don’t know a thing. But I digress.

There is nothing you say that disproves a single point I have made. Have I said anywhere the staff isn’t a good judge of talent? Have I said anywhere that taking a risk on a prospect is always a bad idea? Have I disparaged our record or called its validity into question? All no. Your arguments and ‘facts’ would be great and very relevant if I had.

But please, how does pointing out that these kids got P5 offers AFTER accepting to NU disprove what I’m saying that we are not winning head to head recruiting battles against the schools we are trying to beat? These examples speak more to the kids sense of loyalty and commitment than an uptick in our sales success. In fact, you’ve made my point for me. We aren’t landing kids who have impressive P5 offers in hand. Our recruiting pitch isn’t beating those schools head to head, and our best strategy seems to be to get to them when these schools aren’t paying attention yet.

Yes, we have found great players, projects, diamonds in the rough, projects. We have seen kids get offers from top P5 schools after they commit to us, and these schools have gone to their B plans. But we have been doing this and recruiting this way, finding diamonds in the rough that other schools miss or are slow on, busy chasing more heralded guys, for decades.

Were we expecting more of the same after consecutive bowl wins, three in four games, and a $275m facility upgrade? Because based on your ranting argument, that’s exactly all we’ve gotten to this point.

Maybe CGC is right, and I sincerely hope so. That my excitement over the facility and the impact I hope it will have is premature. Maybe we are about to turn a corner and start consistently getting kids with offer lists the majority of which are P5 schools with a strong winning histories as opposed to non P5 middle of the pack teams.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Amazing. Tissue wipe? And I’m the one who needs to be removed from the board for violating board rules. And yet here’s someone else who is unable to grasp the argument at hand and respond accordingly. Just fly off with rants and name calling.

As for your fan fiction about the timing and reasons behind offers and the players, that’s what it is. Unless you are on the recruiting staff, you don’t know a thing. But I digress.

There is nothing you say that disproves a single point I have made. Have I said anywhere the staff isn’t a good judge of talent? Have I said anywhere that taking a risk on a prospect is always a bad idea? Have I disparaged our record or called its validity into question? All no. Your arguments and ‘facts’ would be great and very relevant if I had.

But please, how does pointing out that these kids got P5 offers AFTER accepting to NU disprove what I’m saying that we are not winning head to head recruiting battles against the schools we are trying to beat? These examples speak more to the kids sense of loyalty and commitment than an uptick in our sales success. Yes, we have found great players, projects, diamonds in the rough, projects. We have seen kids get offers from top P5 schools after they commit to us, and these schools have gone to their B plans. But we have been doing this and recruiting this way, finding diamonds in the rough that other schools miss or are slow on, busy chasing more heralded guys, for decades.

Were we expecting more of the same after consecutive bowl wins, three in four games, and a $275m facility upgrade? Because based on your ranting argument, that’s exactly all we’ve gotten to this point.

Maybe CGC is right, and I sincerely hope so. That my excitement over the facility and the impact I hope it will have is premature. Maybe we are about to turn a corner and start consistently getting kids with offer lists the majority of which are P5 schools with a strong winning histories as opposed to non P5 middle of the pack teams.
You’re pathetic. Too bad the mods don’t have the balls to take out the trash. Back to the Rock for me. Go Cats!

Ah, more name calling and insults. Signs of someone who is truly strong at making a persuasive argument. Very impressive.

Reactions: IGNORE2
GCG, I really really hope you’re right. But from what you are saying, (and I’m not sure I’m clear on your Ifeadi point), we are then at least one or two more seasons away from seeing a measurable impact on recruiting based upon this facility. It won’t be until the 2021 class, kids who are beginning their junior year recruiting process this fall, who will have a full recruiting process with us having Ryan FH completed and open.

That’s disappointing.

I think you’ll see incremental gains for 2020 and a more meaningful jump in 2021. That’s just how recruiting cycles work. And 2020 kids are current sophomores/rising juniors for what it’s worth. 2019 are current juniors/rising seniors.

My point in mentioning Ifeadi is that these projects have been “on paper” for 5-6 years now. At some point, that doesn’t get you much.

Look tissue wipe:

3. Lightly offered OLM Connor Foster from Oh and Dom D’Antonio from Ga. commit to NU prior to the 2018 formal evaluation period. One has never played OT and the other has played just one year of organized football. But both have elite size and athleticism, are still maturing physically and have a crazy strong work ethic. The professionals at top recruiting programs like OSU and ND stay in touch and invite them to campus. Both are classic examples of senior film offers by Top 20 programs. Possibly Top 10. NU is smart to do everything they can to take them off the board, and passes on much higher rated/offered prospects in the process. Great job of recruiting. Timing and projection is often everything in successful recruiting.

GOUNUII

Technicality that ultimately supports your point: Michigan actually offered Heard before NU.

Reactions: epicbret

But please, how does pointing out that these kids got P5 offers AFTER accepting to NU disprove what I’m saying that we are not winning head to head recruiting battles against the schools we are trying to beat? These examples speak more to the kids sense of loyalty and commitment than an uptick in our sales success. In fact, you’ve made my point for me. We aren’t landing kids who have impressive P5 offers in hand. Our recruiting pitch isn’t beating those schools head to head, and our best strategy seems to be to get to them when these schools aren’t paying attention yet.

Yes, we have found great players, projects, diamonds in the rough, projects. We have seen kids get offers from top P5 schools after they commit to us, and these schools have gone to their B plans. But we have been doing this and recruiting this way, finding diamonds in the rough that other schools miss or are slow on, busy chasing more heralded guys, for decades.

Double downing on your Dunce routine....even as the hole you created for yourself gets deeper and deeper by the moment. Not everybody posting here shares your ignorance about the substance or dynamics of the recruiting process....both at NU and across the Country.

GOUNUII

Ah, more name calling and insults. Signs of someone who is truly strong at making a persuasive argument. Very impressive.

More defensiveness upon being called out for holding an uninformed opinion. Impressive.

Guess what CSC, this is a FAN MESSAGE BOARD. Not the sycophantic ass kissing board so you can feel like these kids care what you think or your opinion at all. And the only disparagement going on here are other posters to me, yourself included. Or is calling someone a ‘fool’ escape your sense of irony, as you’re saying others are violating board rules and should be banned.

I did NOT disparage anyone at all, and went on to say multiple times for all ANY of us know, this kid will be an All Pro in three years. If you are unable to read and understand posts, and put forth a constructive argument, it is not I who doesn’t belong on a, again, A FAN MEASAGE BOARD.

MOAR!!!!!!!

More defensiveness upon being called out for holding an uninformed opinion. Impressive.

How is it being ‘defensive’ by just re-re-re clarifing my point to others who continually argue against a position I never took? No name calling. No telling others they are ‘uninformed’ ‘tissue wipes’ or a ‘dunce’. How do you define ‘defensive’?

As for Heard’s UM ‘offer’, considering the time and posts on this board talking about Harbaugh’s scumbag tactics, phantom and non commitable offers, this is an example you think refutes my point that we are still not winning head to head recruiting battles against top P5 teams any more consistently than we ever have?

How is it being ‘defensive’ by just re-re-re clarifing my point to others who continually argue against a position I never took? No name calling. No telling others they are ‘uninformed’ ‘tissue wipes’ or a ‘dunce’. How do you define ‘defensive’?

As for Heard’s UM ‘offer’, considering the time and posts on this board talking about Harbaugh’s scumbag tactics, phantom and non commitable offers, this is an example you think refutes my point that we are still not winning head to head recruiting battles against top P5 teams any more consistently than we ever have?

So you’re just going to find excuses to brush aside every counter-example presented?

And what is your point, anyway?

You should be banned for demanding every person that doesn’t drink the koolaid be banned. How did such a closed mind get into and graduate from NU?

You are not a fan. A true fan would never post this garbage in a congratulatory thread to a new commit. You are some sot of attention seeking contrrarion who gets off on disparaging the program. Again, you are entitled to your opinion - why not post on the premium board away from the eyes of players, recruits, parents, etc?

And here is the definition of a fan. Can I have my fan card back yet? I think my probation is over....

You are pathetically consistent. Least you got that.

My point: A major impetus behind the building of the Ryan Fieldhouse was to improve recruiting by better competing against Top P5 schools to whom we typically lose the majority of our most coveted recruits.

“Historically”, we have succeeded largely by “doing more with less”, and finding most of our recruits among those who do not receive such offers from the “football factories” and for whom NU offers the best chance to play P5 football.

My expectation was with the imminent opening of this facility, which includes last years class IMO, we would see more head to head recruiting battles won against Stanford, Notre Dame, Michigan, the schools that represent the strongest combintion of athletics and academics.

When I see kids choosing NU who still are not highly recruited by these powers, I don’t see the change in our recruiting I expected to see, in terms of our W/L rate against the schools we are trying to beat on the field.

That’s it. Do I say the 2019 class is not the best recruiting class in NUs history? No. Do I say we made a mistake in any kid we have signed or have verbally committed at this point? No. Do I say that any of these kids are not going to be successful or lead us to BT Championships? No.

As the tag line about this facility was about putting us at or above the recruiting level of the majority of all P5 schools, as facilities were our one remaining recruiting weakness, I expected to see us beating more of these schools as these facilities have come closer to coming online.

That’s it. That’s all.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Sorry but I'm just sorta ok with this commitment as all of our OL recruits were passed over by most major colleges. The way I figure, recruiters are true professionals of the trade, so why only Vandy, Purdue, and other programs that are lower than NU offered? I'm not saying this guy can't be the next Anthony Munoz but only a few professional recruiters offered this kid. The good news is that some of our recruits, including him, do have at least a couple power 5 offers and we aren't competing with Hofstra and Brown as much this year. This class is shaping up as another x >50 class. Nothing wow so I'm a bit disappointed since we have such wonderful practice facililties. Personally, I think Fitz needs to be the one to step up recruiting and not just fans stepping up according to him. I know this perspective is not going to be popular but most of the objective members of the board have been run off by pollyannas. Go ahead claim this kid is Zack Strief and I'll claim Cushing is as solid as Aaron Kromer.

You come back to make a post like this on the free board? Come on, show some common sense.

And here is the definition of a fan. Can I have my fan card back yet? I think my probation is over....

You are pathetically consistent. Least you got that.

You’re peeing on the wrong tree Bob. Coral has gold star status among the NU fans who know him and post here. And while you obviously take pleasure in your often prickly propagations, you are frequently as juvenile and gratuitous as the nit wits from ND that recently visited us.

GOUNUII

Reactions: DaCat
You should be banned for demanding every person that doesn’t drink the koolaid be banned. How did such a closed mind get into and graduate from NU?
Darthcat is just mentioning the obvious. There is a reason why Gary won 2 Big Ten Championships and Walker won 1. It's called recruiting. Walker wasn't any better of a recruit than Fitz but he had the luxury of Barnett's recruits. Don't get me wrong, Fitz' gets more out of less than I think any coach before him but our recruiting just doesn't measure up to the teams that win divisions and championships. And Gocatsgo can say it will be a while before we can get back into cycle, but Gary Barnett never had a cycle, he had crap facilities and a crap field and got Top 25 classes. I don't believe Fitz ever finished a recruiting season ranked in the top 50 by the experts like rivals. At any rate, I don't visit here much anymore because there is no more an abundance of opinion. The pollyannas claim you aren't a fan etc anytime a voice of reason jumps in. Thankfully, there are facebook groups which allow dissonant voices

You come back to make a post like this on the free board? Come on, show some common sense.
Please forgive me for I have sinned....
Sorry I just got annoyed I guess of all of the comparisons to All American's for a kid who never played a down at Tackle. My apologies for not having common sense.

Reactions: IGNORE2
My point: A major impetus behind the building of the Ryan Fieldhouse was to improve recruiting by better competing against Top P5 schools to whom we typically lose the majority of our most coveted recruits.

“Historically”, we have succeeded largely by “doing more with less”, and finding most of our recruits among those who do not receive such offers from the “football factories” and for whom NU offers the best chance to play P5 football.

My expectation was with the imminent opening of this facility, which includes last years class IMO, we would see more head to head recruiting battles won against Stanford, Notre Dame, Michigan, the schools that represent the strongest combintion of athletics and academics.

When I see kids choosing NU who still are not highly recruited by these powers, I don’t see the change in our recruiting I expected to see, in terms of our W/L rate against the schools we are trying to beat on the field.

That’s it. Do I say the 2019 class is not the best recruiting class in NUs history? No. Do I say we made a mistake in any kid we have signed or have verbally committed at this point? No. Do I say that any of these kids are not going to be successful or lead us to BT Championships? No.

As the tag line about this facility was about putting us at or above the recruiting level of the majority of all P5 schools, as facilities were our one remaining recruiting weakness, I expected to see us beating more of these schools as these facilities have come closer to coming online.

That’s it. That’s all.

The facilities aren’t even 100% open yet. Why is this difficult to understand?

Darthcat is just mentioning the obvious. There is a reason why Gary won 2 Big Ten Championships and Walker won 1. It's called recruiting. Walker wasn't any better of a recruit than Fitz but he had the luxury of Barnett's recruits. Don't get me wrong, Fitz' gets more out of less than I think any coach before him but our recruiting just doesn't measure up to the teams that win divisions and championships. And Gocatsgo can say it will be a while before we can get back into cycle, but Gary Barnett never had a cycle, he had crap facilities and a crap field and got Top 25 classes. I don't believe Fitz ever finished a recruiting season ranked in the top 50 by the experts like rivals. At any rate, I don't visit here much anymore because there is no more an abundance of opinion. The pollyannas claim you aren't a fan etc anytime a voice of reason jumps in. Thankfully, there are facebook groups which allow dissonant voices

Fitz has also never gone winless in the B1G. Which Saint Gary did. Twice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT