ADVERTISEMENT

Cats land grad transfer QB Peyton Ramsey

Um, ok, if you want to claim that Coach Anderson was a miracle worker then fine. What I saw was a dysfunctional unit and it almost made me want to bring back the previous coach. Other OL coaches have had less to work with and didnt get 4 QBs crushed.
While I disagree with Coral that Anderson performed a miracle last year (Crazytrain talk), I think Anderson may very well end up as not just a good coach but an outstanding one here. But, even though Coral bleeds purple, I agree, no miracles last year. Sheesh!

Last year Anderson had players he did not take part in their recruitment process who played. The young redshirting lineman appear for the most part to have a higher upside(Franks, Rowley, Foster) as well as the incoming freshmen. We will see improvements in line play over this year and next year. The skill positions is where I have a greater concern

Because recruiting services evaluate talent better than our coaches? So the coaches should always check the rankings from Rivals, ESPN, 247 etc. before offering a kid? Rather than trust their own evaluation of film, personal workouts, direct conversations with the recruit, and discussion with their coaches? Yep, sounds like a smart recruiting strategy to me.
Yep, I'm sure that after all of those services and their experts see and rate these kids , they would choose a 2* , with few offers over a 4* with tons of Power 5 programs offering. Got it.

Yep, I'm sure that after all of those services and their experts see and rate these kids , they would choose a 2* , with few offers over a 4* with tons of Power 5 programs offering. Got it.

Coaches don’t give a shit about ratings, rankings, or other offers.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1

Stop with the dopiness. Of course NU offers a lot of 4 stars. The competition is pretty fierce for them, in case you didn't notice. Now if the coaches notice a kid they like that the recruiting services may have overlooked, it would be dereliction of their duty, let alone sheer stupidity, to not offer that kid just because he doesn't have 4 stars or a lot of offers.

Willycat, DaCat and a few others are homers who will claim Mr Fitzgerald is the best recruiter ever when we get a 4 star, but also claim that 2 stars are better than 4 stars if Fitz signs one. It's actually a pretty smart argument from DaCat as he gets to be the X's and the O's dude in Tic Tac Toe. Can't lose!

Coaches don’t give a shit about ratings, rankings, or other offers.
Really, so Hairballs from Michigan won't care if a kid has an offer from NU? Won't even mention anything about NU? Won't even compare?
The reality is that it makes it alot easier to recruit a kid when all Fitz has to do is compare our facilities to William and Mary, and other glorified High School programs. If Fitz loves a player, he most certainly does hope that he has no competition. Wake up and stop being so dumb again GCG.

Willycat, DaCat and a few others are homers who will claim Mr Fitzgerald is the best recruiter ever when we get a 4 star, but also claim that 2 stars are better than 4 stars if Fitz signs one. It's actually a pretty smart argument from DaCat as he gets to be the X's and the O's dude in Tic Tac Toe. Can't lose!

LOL. Right, because recruiting services know talent better than Fitz and his staff? Another dopey take from our low IQ individual.

Really, so Hairballs from Michigan won't care if a kid has an offer from NU? Won't even mention anything about NU? Won't even compare?
The reality is that it makes it alot easier to recruit a kid when all Fitz has to do is compare our facilities to William and Mary, and other glorified High School programs. If Fitz loves a player, he most certainly does hope that he has no competition. Wake up and stop being so dumb again GCG.

I'm the dumb one? Ba hahahahahahaha.

By the way, when you finally stop bitching about getting a "2*" recruit, and start using your brain for something more than a space filler in your cranium, what do you think is the star rating distribution of all our 2021 offers, from 5 stars to 0 stars? Sometimes, these annoying things called "facts" and "data" are helpful to understand the picture.

As of today, the breakdown of reported offers is as follows:

5 stars: 1
4 stars: 31
3 stars: 29
2 stars: 3 (most of these will probably be upgraded to at least 3 stars)
0 stars: 4 (means Rivals hasn't even gotten around to "evaluating" them)

What does this data tell you? I'll hang up now, and listen to all you recruiting geniuses. :rolleyes:

By the way, when you finally stop bitching about getting a "2*" recruit, and start using your brain for something more than a space filler in your cranium, what do you think is the star rating distribution of all our 2021 offers, from 5 stars to 0 stars? Sometimes, these annoying things called "facts" and "data" are helpful to understand the picture.

As of today, the breakdown of reported offers is as follows:

5 stars: 1
4 stars: 31
3 stars: 29
2 stars: 3 (most of these will probably be upgraded to at least 3 stars)
0 stars: 4 (means Rivals hasn't even gotten around to "evaluating" them)

What does this data tell you? I'll hang up now, and listen to all you recruiting geniuses. :rolleyes:
5* = NU chances? 4*'s when will NU get one? 3*'s, still waiting for one to commit. 2*'s got two and probably more to come. 0 *'s or maybe they don't deserve to be rated. Bye, bye.

[QUOTE="What does this data tell you? I'll hang up now, and listen to all you recruiting geniuses. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That so far we have whiffed on 100% of our offers to 3, 4 and 5 star recruits? ;)

Then again, I was promised there would be no math.

5* = NU chances? 4*'s when will NU get one? 3*'s, still waiting for one to commit. 2*'s got two and probably more to come. 0 *'s or maybe they don't deserve to be rated. Bye, bye.

[QUOTE="What does this data tell you? I'll hang up now, and listen to all you recruiting geniuses. :rolleyes:

That so far we have whiffed on 100% of our offers to 3, 4 and 5 star recruits? ;)

Then again, I was promised there would be no math.[/QUOTE]

As I pointed out elsewhere, NU typically gets 1 or 2 four star recruits per year. We can sit around and bitch about it, but the reality is that even if we knock it out of the park, we may only get 4 or 5. It's not for lack of trying by the coaches. So the coaches need to fill our classes by getting the high character developmental guys and turn them into productive players like a Joe Gaziano or a Rashawn Slater, etc.

Then again, I was promised there would be no math.

As I pointed out elsewhere, NU typically gets 1 or 2 four star recruits per year. We can sit around and bitch about it, but the reality is that even if we knock it out of the park, we may only get 4 or 5. It's not for lack of trying by the coaches. So the coaches need to fill our classes by getting the high character developmental guys and turn them into productive players like a Joe Gaziano or a Rashawn Slater, etc.[/QUOTE]

AtlantaCat’s been bitching about it for years.

Um, ok, if you want to claim that Coach Anderson was a miracle worker then fine. What I saw was a dysfunctional unit and it almost made me want to bring back the previous coach. Other OL coaches have had less to work with and didnt get 4 QBs crushed.
Any time you completely change a coach, scheme etc there will be startp issues. What we saw by the end of the year was an OL that could open up running lanes so even 4th and 5th stringers could make hay

As I pointed out elsewhere, NU typically gets 1 or 2 four star recruits per year. We can sit around and bitch about it, but the reality is that even if we knock it out of the park, we may only get 4 or 5. It's not for lack of trying by the coaches. So the coaches need to fill our classes by getting the high character developmental guys and turn them into productive players like a Joe Gaziano or a Rashawn Slater, etc.

AtlantaCat’s been bitching about it for years.[/QUOTE]

It was a joke, asshat. I never discuss, praise or lament recruiting. Particularly since I was ecstatic that we signed Thomas Derricks (may he RIP).

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Except when you do. ;)
Well, I DO find it funny that there is all this discussion about our first two signees because they are presently two-stars, when some of my favorite players over the last 20 years were of that ilk when signed, but like I said, I am not an evaluator of HS talent and typically have not commented on our recruiting, as to individuals or classes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT