ADVERTISEMENT

Cats Win!!!!!

That. was. Amazing!

Down 27-9 in the second quarter? No problem! Didn't lead all game until there were 40 seconds left, but still pulled out a 56-54 road victory at West Virginia! Game after game, we just seem to have the legs at the end when other teams don't, quite amazing at this point!

This particular comeback was fueled on the offensive glass, as a rebounding edge for WV quickly disintegrated as Pallas Kunayi-Akpanah got going. She ended up with 19 boards, including 10 on the offensive glass (we had 17 offensive rebounds total!) to go along with 12 pts for yet another double-double. At one point during the game, it appeared that we were literally putting back shots on ever offensive possession.

Veronica Burton, who played virtually the whole game due to most of our other guards being in foul trouble also had an excellent game, with 17 points, including 7-8 from the foul line in what was an extremely physical game. Lindsey Pulliam added 15 points, but took 20 shots to get there as she appears to be a bit bothered by a shoulder injury.. But it was her elbow jumper with :42 left gave us our first lead, which held up as WVA's two turnovers in the final 30 seconds, along with a critical PKA block, sealed the victory.

Once again our defense was lockdown after an uncharacteristic 1st quarter which saw us surrender 20 points as WV could not miss from 3. But we held them to only 34 points the rest of the way, holding WV to 33% shooting for the game. Just another phenomenal comeback victory!

It was an exciting game. Also, some of the weirdest officiating I've seen, odd calls both ways.

Reactions: NUMBfan
That. was. Amazing!

Down 27-9 in the second quarter? No problem! Didn't lead all game until there were 40 seconds left, but still pulled out a 56-54 road victory at West Virginia! Game after game, we just seem to have the legs at the end when other teams don't, quite amazing at this point!

This particular comeback was fueled on the offensive glass, as a rebounding edge for WV quickly disintegrated as Pallas Kunayi-Akpanah got going. She ended up with 19 boards, including 10 on the offensive glass (we had 17 offensive rebounds total!) to go along with 12 pts for yet another double-double. At one point during the game, it appeared that we were literally putting back shots on ever offensive possession.

Veronica Burton, who played virtually the whole game due to most of our other guards being in foul trouble also had an excellent game, with 17 points, including 7-8 from the foul line in what was an extremely physical game. Lindsey Pulliam added 15 points, but took 20 shots to get there as she appears to be a bit bothered by a shoulder injury.. But it was her elbow jumper with :42 left gave us our first lead, which held up as WVA's two turnovers in the final 30 seconds, along with a critical PKA block, sealed the victory.

Once again our defense was lockdown after an uncharacteristic 1st quarter which saw us surrender 20 points as WV could not miss from 3. But we held them to only 34 points the rest of the way, holding WV to 33% shooting for the game. Just another phenomenal comeback victory!
Thanks to you and Fitz for the updates and the recap. Sounds like an awesome game. Heck of a comeback. I hope I’ll be able to tune in on Saturday. Go Cats!!

Thanks to you and Fitz for the updates and the recap. Sounds like an awesome game. Heck of a comeback. I hope I’ll be able to tune in on Saturday. Go Cats!!

Your welcome! And yeah, this should be televised somewhere. Tonight there was a nice livestream from the West Virginia website coupled with their radio feed.

Reactions: ricko654321
Though obviously "homers," I thought their announcers were pretty good. And the place got loud even though the attendance wasn't great.

Reactions: ricko654321
Though obviously "homers," I thought their announcers were pretty good. And the place got loud even though the attendance wasn't great.

Agreed. It was odd; the Toledo crowd was MUCH larger, but this crowd seemed to be a lot louder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT