ADVERTISEMENT

Chargers/Wildcats connection update

WestCoastWildcat

May 29, 2001
Del Mar, CA
Rashawn Slater is quoted extensively in this recent article about the upcoming season. An All-Pro his rookie year, Slater is one of the top o-linemen in the league.

Justin Jackson is a free agent. I think I read he was trying out with the Cards. The Chargers decided to go with younger backs though Jackson had some good games with them last year as he was constantly fending off injuries during his career as a Charger. There is a slight chance he still might end up back with them.

Joe Gaziano will be back with the Chargers this year. He saw more action last year on defense. I found this article online about Gaz, one of my favorite defensive players when he was a Wildcat.

Chargers/Rams game on CBS now. I think I saw Slater in at LT in the first series where Chargers scored a td on a nice pass and reception, Not sure if I’ve seen Gaz yet on defense. He’s listed on the roster for this game. Former Chargers qb Dan Fouts and rb Ladamian Tomlinson are working on the broadcast team- it’s fun seeing them again.

Last edited:
Mack was a good pick up by the Chargers. Just wish the rest of the Chargers defense could tackle in this game.

FWIW- Justin Jackson signed with the Lions in early August and appears to be on their roster along with Godwin Igwebuike who converted to rb. Nice to see Justin landed a spot with another team.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Mack was a good pick up by the Chargers. Just wish the rest of the Chargers defense could tackle in this game.

FWIW- Justin Jackson signed with the Lions in early August and appears to be on their roster along with Godwin Igwebuike who converted to rb. Nice to see Justin landed a spot with another team.
JJ had three Carries for 11 yards yesterday, Godwin had two or three Carries also for a handful of yards.

Chargers preview. Slater gets a sentence:
“Rashawn Slater is a fu**ing beast.”

Simple is good. Like Hemingway.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT