ADVERTISEMENT

End of the Prime mystique

Sanders is a carpet bagger, he’ll be out of Boulder as soon as Hunter and his sons enter the NFL draft.
First it was he was a bad coach and Colorado wouldn’t do anything.

Now it’s he’s going to abandon them for a big job because another school thinks he’s a good coach.

Even if he does leave, he’s increased the profile of the university, increased the number of black applicants substantially, and begun to turn around arguably the worst P5 program. You can hate his personality but it’s been quite the journey.

Now it’s he’s going to abandon them for a big job because another school thinks he’s a good coach.

Even if he does leave, he’s increased the profile of the university, increased the number of black applicants substantially, and begun to turn around arguably the worst P5 program. You can hate his personality but it’s been quite the journey.
I doubt a larger program is poised to hire him at the moment and he absolutely hasn't achieved any kind of turnaround at Colorado as of yet.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

“Increased the profile of the university” I guess is one way of putting it. Embarrassing the university is another (calling out the media, throwing the team under the bus when they lose, running off players). 4-8 last year and I predict the same this year.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
“Increased the profile of the university” I guess is one way of putting it. Embarrassing the university is another (calling out the media, throwing the team under the bus when they lose, running off players). 4-8 last year and I predict the same this year.
It’s been so embarrassing that applications and donations have skyrocketed.

Reactions: NUCat320
Applications are up 20% in a post Deion world… but CU was averaging a 10% annual increase in applications for over decade, so at least half of that is endogenous to the school.

Would be interesting to see if the trend would hold on into the future if he stays this soft and whiny and doesn’t win, but nobody seems to think he’ll be around enough for it to work

Hahaha. He is a bad coach.

Reactions: julescat
Applications are up 20% in a post Deion world… but CU was averaging a 10% annual increase in applications for over decade, so at least half of that is endogenous to the school.

Would be interesting to see if the trend would hold on into the future if he stays this soft and whiny and doesn’t win, but nobody seems to think he’ll be around enough for it to work
Yeah, it’s a temporary bump for sure. After he goes 4-8 again this year and then bolts, will applications go back to BAU? Who knows. We could look at what happened at Jackson state. Quick search shows enrollment is down since he left in 2022.

Yeah, it’s a temporary bump for sure. After he goes 4-8 again this year and then bolts, will applications go back to BAU? Who knows. We could look at what happened at Jackson state. Quick search shows enrollment is down since he left in 2022.
I also wonder if the bump is temporary or not or if it has staying power in the black community. I honestly have no idea. If it’s a one time bump it’s worth a little, but not a lot long term. Ultimately winning solves everything, and he’s shown no ability to do so, especially considering he’s got nothing in the cubbard after his sons and Hunter.

I know our fanbase is preconditioned to having such a thing happen, but they aren’t going 0-7 to end the year.

Enrollment is down at a lot of places. Lower birth rates will lead to fewer graduating from HS and when others see that the value is not really there as it was in the past. I would guess that a lot of places are going to have some problems going forward

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT