ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Audige

RhabdoWildcat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
we all know he’s not having a great offensive year, especially down the stretch.

I do think the energy he expends on the defensive end is affecting this.

However, the more I think about his game the more I think he has a chance to stick on an MBA roster. There’s always room for a defensive stopper. He’s a good enough athlete to play at that level. He just somehow has to develop a reliable corner 3,

If Patrick Beverly can stick around, so can Chase!

Big Ten athleticism differs from NBA athleticism. I think he’s got a chance to make it, but that he’ll need a full season or two overseas for it to be possible. I do expect he’ll get a summer league invite if he departs.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I think his shooting has a ways to go before the NBA is a real possibility.
Yeah exactly - he's gotta improve his shooting, especially 3pt shooting. To be a "3 and D" guy he probably needs to be able to make 40%+ from NBA range (which is longer than college). Granted with his role in NBA he would probably get more open looks waiting for drive and kicks from other people. But he'd also probably need to improve his decision making and shot selection / taking on the drive too.

He has made progress this year and I hope he can get there, but as is I think he's got a decent amount of progress to be made before he can make an NBA roster.

we all know he’s not having a great offensive year, especially down the stretch.

I do think the energy he expends on the defensive end is affecting this.

However, the more I think about his game the more I think he has a chance to stick on an MBA roster. There’s always room for a defensive stopper. He’s a good enough athlete to play at that level. He just somehow has to develop a reliable corner 3,

If Patrick Beverly can stick around, so can Chase!

Vic Law is bigger, longer, more athletic with a nicer 3 pt shot and he didn't stick to an NBA roster though he did play a few games. I don't think Audige has any real chance at the next level though I am grateful for everything he has done at the college level. If he was a 40% 3 pt shooter along with his defense, then maybe but still far from a lock.

Basically what you guys are saying is that Chase needs to come back to NU for another year to work on his offensive game. Pay the man his money (along with his cohorts Buie and Baran), and let's go dancing back to back.

Basically what you guys are saying is that Chase needs to come back to NU for another year to work on his offensive game. Pay the man his money (along with his cohorts Buie and Baran), and let's go dancing back to back.
Chase turns 24 in June.
Boo turns 24 in December.
Beran turned 23 in February.

Barnhizer will be a junior next fall, Nicholson a senior, Roper a junior, Berry a senior.
Hunger and Martinelli will be sophomores who deserve to play.

"Fare thee well" Robbie and Chase... An Neil Young once sang "There comes a time...."

Reactions: clarificationcat
Listen, I've seen a few posts around here about CHase's length and athleticism that are getting a little gaga, and I'll just say as nicely as I can: while Chase's length and athleticism are pretty nice for our Big Ten team, any misconception that they don't pale in comparison to the length and athleticism the typical NBA gumby freak has is very silly.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Chase turns 24 in June.
Boo turns 24 in December.
Beran turned 23 in February.

Barnhizer will be a junior next fall, Nicholson a senior, Roper a junior, Berry a senior.
Hunger and Martinelli will be sophomores who deserve to play.

"Fare thee well" Robbie and Chase... A Neil Young once sang "There comes a time...."
And my parents rejected a fifth year with a partial scholarship cuz they said I needed to move on in life. (They paid for law school but only if I went at that point…or so they said but convinced me…)

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
If we can offer any NIL and more NU degrees…. TimDoyle feasted on the NU pedigree as he burnt bridges. We have a ton of well situated alum. Screw the Italy bb league. Pay the men and bring them back. None are going to nba next year. None.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT