ADVERTISEMENT

Clayton needs to be able to run the ball to beat top BT teams!

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
We need Clayton to be able to move out of the pocket and do the option plays to beat Duke, Michigan and Wisconsin. If he can't run,I would rather see Green in there as CT didn't move the chains in the second half of the game. CT is best pure passer in the BT! Hope he gets medically cleared to run the ball before next Saturday's Duke game!

Agree that it is helpful for CT to be able to run the ball but do not expect him to be cleared to do that this week. In fact, I would hope he doesn't even try running the ball until the next conference game. Why take a chance?

We need Clayton to be able to move out of the pocket and do the option plays to beat Duke, Michigan and Wisconsin. If he can't run,I would rather see Green in there as CT didn't move the chains in the second half of the game. CT is best pure passer in the BT! Hope he gets medically cleared to run the ball before next Saturday's Duke game!
I think that is what this whole "pitch count" thing is about.
I've been training hard for a 10 K that I ran this AM. Each week for the past 6 weeks I have run the course (I live right on it). I would run those miles and take a shower and go about my day, no problem, maybe a little stiff the next day. But today, having run the race with the extra push you give for a race, my time was faster and I hurt like hell. My knees ache, both calves have a knot in them, and I can hardly stand up straight.
I know I'm old and he is young, running is not the same as football, but the extra push you give in competition tests old injuries like no practice can. Hopefully CT will move forward not backward but thankfully he will have about half the discomfort he would have had if he played the whole game. And we won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT