ADVERTISEMENT

Cobb out again

Straus2018

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2015
Chris Collins announced that Jershon Cobb will not play against Illinois at Friday's practice. He said he hopes to have Cobb back for senior night against Michigan on Tuesday.

Would rather have him healthy for the BTT than hobbled for these games anyway, we will need him and his leadership then

Originally posted by Wildcatfootball12:
Would rather have him healthy for the BTT than hobbled for these games anyway, we will need him and his leadership then
That's a good point, but I feel worse for Jershon with each game he has to miss. The kid's been to hell and back with the rehab and the waiting, fighting through it as best he could. This certainly hasn't been what we'd anticipated - nor what HE had in mind - for the back half of his career at NU. Love to see him "reach back for a little something extra", and go out with a bit of a bang.

+1

I can't recall a player who has had to endure more tough situations than JerShon. I hope the old saying is true: "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger". If so, he will be one heck of a strong man when he graduates from NU!

NU should have never built McGaw Hall / W-R Arena on top of that ancient Indian burial ground. Guys like Kevin Coble and Jershon Cobb are suffering the consequences to this day...

Originally posted by Wildcatfootball12:
I have a bad feeling that Cobb is pretty much shot and that CC will just play him for a few minutes on SR night (hope that I am wrong).

Basically, that injury that he had gotten off-season surgery for has resurfaced.

Some players get injured b/c of contact or landing awkwardly from a leap, but Cobb's situation pretty much has been his body failing him time and time again.

Feel bad for the kid, but Cobb knows this is pretty much the end of his competitive playing days and wants to get into coaching.

If Cobb had been fairly healthy for his career, think he would have joined VV, Juice, Shurna, Crawford, etc. as one of the NU greats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT