ADVERTISEMENT

Collins Recruiting Goal

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Though this was an interesting comment Chris Collins made in the Teddy Trib story about Pete:

Asked if he would like to develop a player who would leave early for the NBA, Collins said: “Absolutely. My whole goal when I came to Northwestern was to get guys who wanted a high-level education and want to get a degree but also want to be NBA players. It’s OK to want both. Because when you want to be a pro, you’re going to do more — watch extra film, go to the gym at night. You’re going to invest more.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...ern-basketball-pete-nance-20181106-story.html

Think we're going to have to start getting ready for players to leave early.

Starting w/ after their JR year to SO and possibly Frosh (if the program lands the big fish in the 2021 class and rules haven't changed).

Think we're going to have to start getting ready for players to leave early.

Starting w/ after their JR year to SO and possibly Frosh (if the program lands the big fish in the 2021 class and rules haven't changed).

I’m fine with that. Get players like that and then you’ll get more of them once they see us as a destination. Probably less chance for quick turnarounds once they leave — so not quite Duke or UK — but get one or two a decade and that’s multiple NCAA tournaments a decade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT