ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on HJ

CanCallMeDVT

Jun 11, 2018
Clemson fan here that did my Residency/Fellowship in Indianapolis at Riley.

Wanted to extend my congrats on Hunter Johnson coming your way. He's a young man that I really hate to lose from Clemson, but I understand why he left and it was handled with class all the way around. He may very well be the 2nd best young QB in the nation and just got passed by the only guy who could have (Trevor Lawrence). Clemson had an embarrassment of riches at the QB position heading into the spring. And to a man they were all high quality kids. Northwestern is the beneficiary of this and HJ found a great program for him.

Wanted to share a quick note about HJ from my direct observation. Clemson has a tradition of allowing fans on the field after the home games to (among other things) interact with players for a few minutes. On one of these occasions I happened to catch HJ interacting with kids. I've only seen a couple players that talented that were that genuine with kids... namely CJ Spiller and Deshaun Watson. He made every kid feel special. It was then that I knew we had a special young man as a future QB. It saddens me that I won't ever get to see him start a game for Clemson. I believe we have another great one in TL, but I hate to see HJ go.

I told some of my Clemson friends that I hope HJ succeeds at Northwestern beyond your wildest imagination. I'll particularly enjoy seeing him lead you to wins over Stanford (will be his first game?), Ohio State, and Michigan. In fact, I hope he wins every game he starts until we knock you out of the playoffs.

Go Wildcats and Go Tigers!
Ken

Wanted to extend my congrats on Hunter Johnson coming your way. He's a young man that I really hate to lose from Clemson, but I understand why he left and it was handled with class all the way around. He may very well be the 2nd best young QB in the nation and just got passed by the only guy who could have (Trevor Lawrence). Clemson had an embarrassment of riches at the QB position heading into the spring. And to a man they were all high quality kids. Northwestern is the beneficiary of this and HJ found a great program for him.

Wanted to share a quick note about HJ from my direct observation. Clemson has a tradition of allowing fans on the field after the home games to (among other things) interact with players for a few minutes. On one of these occasions I happened to catch HJ interacting with kids. I've only seen a couple players that talented that were that genuine with kids... namely CJ Spiller and Deshaun Watson. He made every kid feel special. It was then that I knew we had a special young man as a future QB. It saddens me that I won't ever get to see him start a game for Clemson. I believe we have another great one in TL, but I hate to see HJ go.

I told some of my Clemson friends that I hope HJ succeeds at Northwestern beyond your wildest imagination. I'll particularly enjoy seeing him lead you to wins over Stanford (will be his first game?), Ohio State, and Michigan. In fact, I hope he wins every game he starts until we knock you out of the playoffs.

Ken
Hopefully he won't have to lead us back for wins. Lead to wins for sure

We hope so too! I happen to be in South Carolina right now and had a conversation with a Clemson fan who matched your sentiments exactly. Nice to see a situation where the fans place such an emphasis on creating the best situation for the kid (and yes, nice to be the beneficiary of that situation)

Ken

Quality post. Thanks!

Ken

Ken

Would like to see you in the playoffs, but we need to win the Western Division of the B1G first.

Reactions: ricko654321

Ken

You have the Purple part down. Think you can convince 20k or so of your fellow Clemson fans to make a road trip to Evanston when we play OSU or Michigan ... or Wisconsin? We can make the seats available for sure and have no reciprocal expectations. Be a Wildcat fan for a day, support Johnson and gave a great weekend trip to a wonderful city. What a deal!

GOUNUII

Reactions: StreamCat
I attended Clemson v FSU this year. I thought the Clemson backup threw the ball better than the starter-I believe it was HJ

Checked boxscore--no HJ

Last edited:
You have the Purple part down. Think you can convince 20k or so of your fellow Clemson fans to make a road trip to Evanston when we play OSU or Michigan ... or Wisconsin? We can make the seats available for sure and have no reciprocal expectations. Be a Wildcat fan for a day, support Johnson and gave a great weekend trip to a wonderful city. What a deal!

GOUNUII
Heck, why not start a movement for Clemson Fans in the Chicago area to be regular attenders. We could give them Purple paw prints when they buy their season tickets.

In celebration of CT’s pending nuptials, it would be a wonderful if you could for toast the bride and groom with the drink CSC is buying you. While you’re at it, you can buy drinks for the rest of us to toast along with you.

In celebration of CT’s pending nuptials, it would be a wonderful if you could for toast the bride and groom with the drink CSC is buying you. While you’re at it, you can accept drinks from the rest of us to toast along with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT