ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to JJTBC and AC

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Jackson led the Big 10 in average yards per game rushing, and AC in receptions, receptions yards and receiving TDs. JJ was third in all purpose yards, and AC 9th.

Ifeadi led the league with 10 solo sacks. Hunter the Punter was 4th in gross punting yards. Hartage was 2nd in INTs.

Great stuff.

Jackson led the Big 10 in average yards per game rushing, and AC in receptions, receptions yards and receiving TDs. JJ was third in all purpose yards, and AC 9th.

Ifeadi led the league with 10 solo sacks. Hunter the Punter was 4th in gross punting yards. Hartage was 2nd in INTs.

Great stuff.

It's not necessarily a positive to be 4th in the conference in gross punting yardage (especially without a solid average).

It's not necessarily a positive to be 4th in the conference in gross punting yardage (especially without a solid average).

I understand, but some on this goofy board were all over him last year for not being able to kick for distance. Well, this season he did.

He was still maddeningly inconsistent.
Yeah. I did not think he had a good second half of the season in particular. I thought he was consistently short on his punts, especially when we needed a big punt. I hope there is some competition at that position next year.

Bob knows his football.

Jersey - why do you insist on misquoting me? It is very klanish, are you sipping on the koolaid? The thread is still there - I said I have no idea what AA measurables are, though he shrunk over the course of the thread. But apparently 6'3" and 230 are the bare minimums to play LB for NU. How many of you geniuses want to count the qualified LBs on the roster based on the board experts determination of said minimums? Then, anyone want to come up with a use for AA besides warming a bench? Cmon, all you football experts. So far, you all seem only qualified to coach at NU.

(See, this is the vitriol comes out when you guys decide to be pricks. As a retired lawyer, I can be a prick with the best of them. Cheers.)

Jersey - why do you insist on misquoting me? It is very klanish, are you sipping on the koolaid? The thread is still there - I said I have no idea what AA measurables are, though he shrunk over the course of the thread. But apparently 6'3" and 230 are the bare minimums to play LB for NU. How many of you geniuses want to count the qualified LBs on the roster based on the board experts determination of said minimums? Then, anyone want to come up with a use for AA besides warming a bench? Cmon, all you football experts. So far, you all seem only qualified to coach at NU.

(See, this is the vitriol comes out when you guys decide to be pricks. As a retired lawyer, I can be a prick with the best of them. Cheers.)

Easy does it.

Reactions: IGNORE2

Just remember, Karma's a Bitch.

Just remember, Karma's a Bitch.

Yup, and I got her locked in my closet. Dude, I take it year round, best bet is that I can return it in spades. Like I said, worked around the country's finest people during my first career, this is kid's play.

Yet, every once and awhile, someone posts 'hey man, why so mean?' Easier to simply offer examples to explain.

Hidden in all of this drivel is barely a mention of the fine seasons for JJTBC and AC. I still hold out hope that all-American voters recognize ACs season even though he doesn't play in an Xbox league like the Big 12.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

Whoever put out those minimums besides you?

Yes and give AA 6 more inches and 40lbs and he is a Linebacker.

Whoever put out those minimums besides you?

Read much. Need me to quote your post of AA at 5'9",190? My math say add 6" = 6'3" and 190+40=230. Is your math different? Want me to pull a few more cute AA references on rivals? And yet not a genius on the board can find a use or justification for the recruitment of this undersized guy. Almost like the staff was blind and didn't see his size - clearly substandard for B1G play, according to the majority of you.

Loving me hem multi quotes ;)

Suppose tiny AA would have made a better choice than Harris for special teams? Nah, makes too much sense and AA is just too small.

Read much. Need me to quote your post of AA at 5'9",190? My math say add 6" = 6'3" and 190+40=230. Is your math different? Want me to pull a few more cute AA references on rivals? And yet not a genius on the board can find a use or justification for the recruitment of this undersized guy. Almost like the staff was blind and didn't see his size - clearly substandard for B1G play, according to the majority of you.

Don't think that suggestion was meant to be serious.

He was recruited as a running back because he was a very good running back prospect, even if a bit undersized for the position. Schools you may have heard of like Texas, Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Nebraska, Stanford, TCU, UCLA, Washington, and Washington State (amongst others) thought so, too.

Oh, and the NFL LB ranks range from 5'10" to 6'5". And remember Zach Thomas?

But, quite frankly, I originally was just looking for options for AA. I think we will be shallow in the backfield. How about moving AA to S and shift a safety up? We are lacking experienced depth at LB next year without AW, and add the same to S if Iggy leaves too.

Don't think that suggestion was meant to be serious.

He was recruited as a running back because he was a very good running back prospect, even if a bit undersized for the position. Schools you may have heard of like Texas, Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Nebraska, Stanford, TCU, UCLA, Washington, and Washington State (amongst others) thought so, too.

After a hundred references, it simply shows a blind ignorance for the holes on our team next year, the underuse of a very good RB prospect and a need for me to dumb it down for the klan.

Oh, and the NFL LB ranks range from 5'10" to 6'5". And remember Zach Thomas?

But, quite frankly, I originally was just looking for options for AA. I think we will be shallow in the backfield. How about moving AA to S and shift a safety up? We are lacking experienced depth at LB next year without AW, and add the same to S if Iggy leaves too.

Zach Thomas was also 242 pounds and built completely differently from Anderson... but I'm pretty sure you're arguing just to argue at this point, so not sure why I'm even bothering.

We've also already discussed that being 5-8 or 5-9 at safety isn't very easy either.

Reactions: NJCat

Dude, chill. He wasn't recruited as a Linebacker. Our starting Linbackers listed weights ar 245, 235, and 230. Your post wasn't a viable option. If you said WR or DB, even if the size is not ideal, you wouldn't have had people calling it the second dumbest post of the year. Why so sensitive and why have the need to resort to the ugly name calling? Can people challenge the post without the backlash of a personal attack?

After a hundred references, it simply shows a blind ignorance for the holes on our team next year, the underuse of a very good RB prospect and a need for me to dumb it down for the klan.

Where exactly would you have gotten Anderson carries at RB this year? Ahead of Jackson? Long (before his injury)? Instead of Moten (who showed great potential toward the end of the year)?

Again not sure why I'm bothering. Will stop feeding the trolls now.

Zach Thomas was also 242 pounds and built completely differently from Anderson... but I'm pretty sure you're arguing just to argue at this point, so not sure why I'm even bothering.

We've also already discussed that being 5-8 or 5-9 at safety isn't very easy either.

Now, that just is not true. College nor NFL. At 5'9", he definitely is big enough for S.

Dude, chill. He wasn't recruited as a Linebacker. Our starting Linbackers listed weights ar 245, 235, and 230. Your post wasn't a viable option. If you said WR or DB, even if the size is not ideal, you wouldn't have had people calling it the second dumbest post of the year. Why so sensitive and why have the need to resort to the ugly name calling? Can people challenge the post without the backlash of a personal attack?

Because I said from the begin, I didn't know his measurables. I like throwing out ideas, start discussions. 2nd dumbest post - try anything by revcat on a parallel thread. Just posters being pricks. So, hello, let's look at how many 6'3", 230 or better LBs we project for 2017. Ready, go!

Now, that just is not true. College nor NFL. At 5'9", he definitely is big enough for S.

Go find me the number of 5-9 safeties starting at P5 schools this year, to say nothing of the NFL Would bet it isn't even close to double digits.

Where exactly would you have gotten Anderson carries at RB this year? Ahead of Jackson? Long (before his injury)? Instead of Moten (who showed great potential toward the end of the year)?

Again not sure why I'm bothering. Will stop feeding the trolls now.

Sure, like woody says, when the substance gets tough, gcg gets going.

Isn't the goal to get the best 22 athletes on the field? Why move mcsheppard? Why move anybody from their recruited position? Maybe because of need? Maybe because of depth? Maybe to get an athlete on the field?

Just come out and say it, you don't think that among the 2017 team, AA is among the top 44 (2 deep) athletes. I would like to believe otherwise. But like the Vassar thing, let's see where AA plays in 2017. I will bet money it is not in the NU RB rotation. $1 gentleman's bet, or a FA drink special?

Sure, like woody says, when the substance gets tough, gcg gets going.

Isn't the goal to get the best 22 athletes on the field? Why move mcsheppard? Why move anybody from their recruited position? Maybe because of need? Maybe because of depth? Maybe to get an athlete on the field?

Just come out and say it, you don't think that among the 2017 team, AA is among the top 44 (2 deep) athletes. I would like to believe otherwise. But like the Vassar thing, let's see where AA plays in 2017. I will bet money it is not in the NU RB rotation. $1 gentleman's bet, or a FA drink special?

You two are just loads of fun. Who's big spoon at night?

I don't think Anderson is a good enough athlete to displace any of the RBs who saw time this year, nor is he a good enough athlete to displace guys at DB if he made the position switch. His height and stature make it difficult for him to play many other positions. Proposing that he move to LB is just dumb.

I don't think Anderson will be in the 2017 RB rotation either, mostly because Jackson, Moten, and Long (if he is granted and takes another year) are a pretty damn good rotation... but that doesn't mean Anderson should be moved or that he would automatically be on the two-deep at another position if moved. Remember when we were down to our 5th or 6th RB a couple years back?

You two are just loads of fun. Who's big spoon at night?

I don't think Anderson is a good enough athlete to displace any of the RBs who saw time this year, nor is he a good enough athlete to displace guys at DB if he made the position switch. His height and stature make it difficult for him to play many other positions. Proposing that he move to LB is just dumb.

I don't think Anderson will be in the 2017 RB rotation either, mostly because Jackson, Moten, and Long (if he is granted and takes another year) are a pretty damn good rotation... but that doesn't mean Anderson should be moved or that he would automatically be on the two-deep at another position if moved. Remember when we were down to our 5th or 6th RB a couple years back?

I think stating a guy cannot play safety at the P5 level is just dumber. Guess another time that we will have to agree to disagree. Care to take my bet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT