ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Otto Graham

Wish I'd had the chance to see him play. Then again, if I had, I'd be around 90 now, so . . . :confused:
That somehow reminds me of my favorite George Halas quote. Back in the day someone was interviewing Halas and asked him who is the greatest running back he ever saw. He said, 'That would be Red Grange.' And I asked him if Grange was playing today, how many yards do you think he'd gain. And he said, 'About 750, maybe 800 yards.' And I said, 'Well, 800 yards is just okay.' He sat up in his chair and he said, 'Son, you must remember one thing. Red Grange is 75 years old.'"

John Pont and Rick what’s his name, and Dennis “they were who we thought they” Green!

Time for his statue outside of Ryan Field.

If the sorry ass Browns can do it, so can Northwestern.

ED4ssT_XsAAVG_7

ED4ssT8XsAQsbEP

Why did he completely seperate himself from NU after he left? I mean, why didn't he come in and coach after Ara or Pont or something, or even come in now and then for a fiery pep talk?

I mean, according to stories that have been told, he bleed purple while here, even playing in the marching band during halftimes of games he was in.

Then - poof. Why?

Reactions: drewjin
Why did he completely seperate himself from NU after he left? I mean, why didn't he come in and coach after Ara or Pont or something, or even come in now and then for a fiery pep talk?

I mean, according to stories that have been told, he bleed purple while here, even playing in the marching band during halftimes of games he was in.

Then - poof. Why?
Very good question. Wish I had asked him that.

Then - poof. Why?
Saw him before the Citrus Bowl Game in 1997.

Then - poof. Why?

It probably had something to do with the doofus leaders of the university that guided us into the Dark Ages.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT