ADVERTISEMENT

Credit to Ohio State. Glad we made a game of it in the 2nd half.

zeek55

Nov 21, 2010
Credit to Ohio State. Haskins is a great QB and their WR group is just loaded with talent. Their DL caused so many problems for us offensively; pass protection just wasn't the same for CT as it was for Haskins.

Glad we made a game of it in the 3rd quarter and never laid down. Great adjustments to at least challenge Ohio State.

I'll always wonder why we came in with a pass-first strategy in the first half. Felt like we should've gotten Bowser going earlier; he should've had 30 carries today. We literally just had several games where we got Bowser going early in downs (against Iowa he carried on most first downs), yet we went away from that in the one game where we needed a "ball control/minimize overall possessions" gameplan.

And the 3 man rush just didn't work on those 3rd and longs, but Hankwitz's squad fought the whole way.

Hopefully we get back here sometime soon with a better chance to win it.

While ND sits at home and plays nobody this weekend. Great argument for the eight-team playoff. I'd love to see Haskins against the Oklahoma defense.
Or have ND bumped back to #4 since they got the day off and play Alabama.

I’d take Ohio State 99 out of 100 times over ND. They’re much better and it’s really a shame if they miss the top 4.
I don't think we jump Oklahoma. The committee placed them ahead of us last week and nothing happened today for their rankings to change.

If we want in the playoffs, we need to think about not losing by four touchdowns (Purdue) or five (Iowa last year) when we decide to lose.

After the Purdue disaster, the ceiling on this team was the B1G Championship and Rose Bowl. We're right where our performance says we should be.

I’d take Ohio State 99 out of 100 times over ND. They’re much better and it’s really a shame if they miss the top 4.

100 out of 100. The talent difference is staggering. We played right with ND except their receivers were just too big and physical. OSU was better at OL, DL, QB, P, WR... they were just more talented at too many spots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT