ADVERTISEMENT

Current Top 10

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else...

Strength of schedule really isn't worth much when you aren't in the NCAA tourney conversation, which we currently are not, but I noticed that we have played three teams in the current top 10 (Purdue, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma). We got absolutely embarrassed in two of those, but funny how a non-conference schedule that looked sort of mediocre coming into this year has turned into a pretty damn tough one. Wonder how many teams in the country have faced three top ten teams thus far? I'm sure there are a few others, but probably not many.

Also, Texas Tech visits Oklahoma tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what happens in that one.

The Over/Under must be around 195......

Actually, Texas Tech is a pretty damn good defensive team with their veteran team and length. KenPom has them as the 3rd best defensive team in the country based on Adjusted Defensive Efficiency. That's what makes that game tomorrow so interesting to me. You have a really good defensive team going against the most explosive player in the country. I do think it will be a bit more high scoring though. Texas Tech has seemed to play more high scoring games when they have played better opponents:

168 points total vs.Seton Hall
158 points total vs. Nevada (Overtime)
158 points total at Kansas

What is also interesting about Texas Tech is that this is only their second true road game of the year. They played several neutral site games, but their only road game so far was at Kansas, where they picked up the victory (and never trailed in the entire game).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT