ADVERTISEMENT

Danielle Williams

I changed my mind. Let her pitch against the best Thursday, rest up Friday, go again Saturday. She deserves to pitch every inning she is able. A warrior.

I’m guessing that’s how it will go. I imagine she’ll have a quick hook though. If things get out of hand early; best to pull her so she can rest up for Saturday and beyond.

Reactions: Alvious
I changed my mind. Let her pitch against the best Thursday, rest up Friday, go again Saturday. She deserves to pitch every inning she is able. A warrior.
If they went to her less than 24 hours after throwing 11 innings, there’s no way she doesn’t get the ball to start every game in OKC.

For what it’s worth, her final four frames on Sunday were basically her best since the first three on Friday. Truly dominant, and her offense gutted out enough to back her up.

If they went to her less than 24 hours after throwing 11 innings, there’s no way she doesn’t get the ball to start every game in OKC.

For what it’s worth, her final four frames on Sunday were basically her best since the first three on Friday. Truly dominant, and her offense gutted out enough to back her up.
This. Softball is NOT like baseball, she can basically go as long as her leg endurance lasts.

Josh Reynolds is still listed as Interim Head Coach. Are they conducting a national search for a replacement for Allen? Will Reynolds have the Interim tagged dropped soon? How is this affecting recruiting??

Josh Reynolds is still listed as Interim Head Coach. Are they conducting a national search for a replacement for Allen? Will Reynolds have the Interim tagged dropped soon? How is this affecting recruiting??

Gragg said that they are conducting a national search, but that Josh Reynolds is in contention for the permanent job. They were happy with Josh's performance, but didn't want to shortchange the process.

Gragg said that they are conducting a national search, but that Josh Reynolds is in contention for the permanent job. They were happy with Josh's performance, but didn't want to shortchange the process.
I’m rooting for Josh and the staff. I think they’re making good momentum and are a year away from making a big jump.

Another softball tidbit: The athletics department is considering a $20 million (!) renovation to the softball stadium. They'd expand capacity and add an entirely new press box. Not sure how it could cost $20 million, but that's what they quoted. However, it seems like this likely won't happen until they figure out the new football stadium.

For tennis: It sounds like they're likely to renovate the men's and women's tennis locker rooms over the next 12 months. They've redone the courts and the lighting, but are saying the locker rooms are antiquated.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Another softball tidbit: The athletics department is considering a $20 million (!) renovation to the softball stadium. They'd expand capacity and add an entirely new press box. Not sure how it could cost $20 million, but that's what they quoted. However, it seems like this likely won't happen until they figure out the new football stadium.
Interesting. I read today that Oklahoma is building a brand new $28 Million softball stadium. The dollar probably goes farther in Norman than Evanston.

Interestingly, if NU loses to OU on Thursday (and they will be huge 'dogs), they won't play again until Saturday, giving Danielle a rest day.......
If they lose they play Friday though. If OU does what OU does I would have a quick hook for Williams tomorrow and then have her ready for UCLA/Texas Friday.
If they are going to have an extended run in OKC they have to keep her as fresh as possible.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
If they lose they play Friday though. If OU does what OU does I would have a quick hook for Williams tomorrow and then have her ready for UCLA/Texas Friday.
If they are going to have an extended run in OKC they have to keep her as fresh as possible.
Don't agree. Danielle threw 430 pitches in the Super Regional and was still strong at the end. In the deciding game, Danielle gave up 5 runs in the first 3 innings, and the 'Cats came back and won.

Reactions: NUCat320
Don't agree. Danielle threw 430 pitches in the Super Regional and was still strong at the end. In the deciding game, Danielle gave up 5 runs in the first 3 innings, and the 'Cats came back and won.
You need Friday night Danielle Williams as much as possible in OKC. Saturday/Sunday Danielle Williams will get them sent home in 2 games. If OU is all over her early, save her for Friday.
After her massive performance Friday where she only walked 2, she walked 5 each of the next 2 nights.
Im not saying don’t start her vs OU or pull her in a close game but if OU jumps out to a decent early, be mindful of the elimination game the next day and try to stay longer than two days.

Reactions: mountaindrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT