ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco to UNL as DC

Very few programs have the patience NU has with their coaches. Nebraska had a top 50 Defense and fired their DC who had been with the head coach for years.
I like stability, I really do. It's a strategy, but there has to be some results in these years when the investment of the new facility comes on line or it will be exposed as a poor strategy.

Reactions: Sheffielder
Wasn't Oregon 4-8 this year? NU's staff hasn't ever lost that many yet.

This is a good point, and an interesting question to ponder...would we stomach big swings in both directions if it meant some 2-10 seasons and some Big Ten title years, or would we prefer staying between 5-10 wins every year?

...you may say "it doesn't have to be either/or," but we're going into year 12 of the Fitz administration...

This is a good point, and an interesting question to ponder...would we stomach big swings in both directions if it meant some 2-10 seasons and some Big Ten title years, or would we prefer staying between 5-10 wins every year?

...you may say "it doesn't have to be either/or," but we're going into year 12 of the Fitz administration...

To stay the course, I think you would have to explain the swings in some way.

This is NOT good news for the Cats. Diaco runs a 3-4 (same as Wisconsin) which is kryptonite to our offense and all the outside counters we like to run,

This is NOT good news for the Cats. Diaco runs a 3-4 (same as Wisconsin) which is kryptonite to our offense and all the outside counters we like to run,
Maybe now we will make an adjustment and improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT