ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss this? FB team has highest GPA...ever?

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
Saw that somewhere in a Fitz interview.

Shout it from the rooftops, people. That's what it's about - 'the highest order of excellence'

That's all well and good and we are all proud of that but 10-3 is more important. Not saying that GPA (in this era of grade inflation) is not important but too often in the couple of shit season prior to 2015 I felt that Fitz & Co. was hiding behind the academic side of things. It's nice to have both.

That's all well and good and we are all proud of that but 10-3 is more important. Not saying that GPA (in this era of grade inflation) is not important but too often in the couple of shit season prior to 2015 I felt that Fitz & Co. was hiding behind the academic side of things. It's nice to have both.

Like it or not, the academic side will ALWAYS carry more weight at Northwestern than it does at other schools, even "academic comparables."

Like it or not, the academic side will ALWAYS carry more weight at Northwestern than it does at other schools, even "academic comparables."
I love college football, absolutely love it, but if given a 'one or the other choice', I would prefer to be a school like Princeton than Notre Dame

Living on the East Coast will do that do a guy :p

The GPA is at an all time high for the student body at large.

Grade inflation is real.
(No disrespect, but facts is facts.)

http://www.takepart.com/article/2016/03/31/grade-inflation-wrecking-higher-education

(Note: I have no idea whether takepart.com is biased or not, and I apologize if it is, but the story itself reports on a study released earlier this week. I read about this study elsewhere a few days ago, but couldn't find a link to that story.)

Julescat: Are you an alum? Is football really more important than school for 95% of thes kids?

This is a little flimsy, but as someone who struggles with the players not getting paid and not getting guaranteed healthcare after college, I take at least some heart in that they're getting a good education.

This is a little flimsy, but as someone who struggles with the players not getting paid and not getting guaranteed healthcare after college, I take at least some heart in that they're getting a good education.
Yeah, It makes me sick that some guys "go to college" for four years and can't read at a 6th grade level when the "graduate". But they get to live the rest of their lives with football related injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT