ADVERTISEMENT

Dodd Award

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Fitz is one of 5 finalists for the Bobby Dodd COTY Award. Pretty cool to have 2 COTY awards this season.

Last edited:
Brian Kelly won it two years ago. Would be surprising for him to win it again. Fitz was a finalist in 2017 and 2018. Hopefully this is his year. Great team. Consistently high graduation rate. No Covid cases. Great advocate for the game.

Brian Kelly would fall pretty far down my list for "leadership" and "integrity," unless publicly berating players on the sidelines would/should be deemed indications of either trait. Here's hoping Bama lays at least a 50burger on them in the semis

Brian Kelly won it two years ago. Would be surprising for him to win it again. Fitz was a finalist in 2017 and 2018. Hopefully this is his year. Great team. Consistently high graduation rate. No Covid cases. Great advocate for the game.
In the history on the Dodd no coach has won it twice. So I think Kelly is a long shot. My bet is Fickell, throw the Group of 5 coach a bone. And he'd deserve it. They had a great season.

Allen is a popular choice, bu Fitz has made the list for the third time and hasn't been chosen. How many are good enough to be there three times? Time for an acknowledgment! Allen needs more seasoning. Can fans vote in this?

Allen is a popular choice, bu Fitz has made the list for the third time and hasn't been chosen. How many are good enough to be there three times? Time for an acknowledgment! Allen needs more seasoning. Can fans vote in this?
Yes. I saw a tweet from Dodd that fan voting began today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT