ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody else have a brick in the south endzone plaza?

WaveJumper

Mar 13, 2002
I'm wondering what will become of mine when they tear Ryan/Dyche down. Not sure who to contact, but suppose should probably start with the athletic department. If they're not going to place it in the new stadium, I want it back.

I do. I already asked my rep. They're not sure yet the plan. TBH his response sounded like it was something they hadn't yet thought about. Assuming they're not moved over I would want it for myself.

Reactions: ricko654321
I'm wondering what will become of mine when they tear Ryan/Dyche down. Not sure who to contact, but suppose should probably start with the athletic department. If they're not going to place it in the new stadium, I want it back.
I was thinking the same thing at the game Saturday. I took my grandson to the south end zone after the game to take a picture of our brick and one of him and his Dad in front of the Hannibal statue. I'll call my ticket rep to see if they have a plan for the bricks at some point. He has been very helpful in the past directing me to the right person to handle issues that come up. Gotta get the Evanston City Council officially on board first....

I was thinking the same thing at the game Saturday. I took my grandson to the south end zone after the game to take a picture of our brick and one of him and his Dad in front of the Hannibal statue. I'll call my ticket rep to see if they have a plan for the bricks at some point. He has been very helpful in the past directing me to the right person to handle issues that come up. Gotta get the Evanston City Council officially on board first....
I was told that the planners are considering either moving the bricks over or giving them to the donor. They are aware of the situation but haven't made a final decision.

Here is a suggestion to pass on to the powers that be. When one of our local banks first formed decades ago each of the original depositors was gifted a brick with their name on it. In more recent years when the lobby was renovated and the floor removed a wall plaque went up listing all the names on the bricks.

Our kids found it pretty cool to come back from college and see their names on the wall consequent from the savings accounts we opened for them when they were toddlers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT