ADVERTISEMENT

Does it get any better than THAT?

WaveJumper

Mar 13, 2002
The greatest national championship game - and one of the greatest stones tracks!

Watson, Renfro, Boulware, Williams - all terrific playmakers prevail against an outstanding Alabama team with one tick on the clock.

Congratulations Clemson Tigers!

ACC made a serious case for the title of best football league with the bowl performances of Clemson, Florida State and Miami, among others.

The greatest national championship game - and one of the greatest stones tracks!

Watson, Renfro, Boulware, Williams - all terrific playmakers prevail against an outstanding Alabama team with one tick on the clock.

Congratulations Clemson Tigers!

Come on, now. That was a tremendous fourth quarter, no question. Fantastic, heart-pounding finish. But it was a very boring first half and the first three quarters overall were pretty meh. It still doesn't touch the 2005 NC game between USC and Texas.

I agree with you on Gimme Shelter, though.

ACC made a serious case for the title of best football league with the bowl performances of Clemson, Florida State and Miami, among others.

I have to mention Louisville and the Heisman Trophy. I better plug the Cardinals because my sister and brother-in-law are both alumni and have been season ticket holder's for more than 40 years. Trivia , Jennifer Lawrence's mother sits behind my sister for all home games. No, my sister does not know Jennifer, but she knows her mom and was invited to the local premiere of her latest film in Louisville

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Hmmm, one ACC school is suspiciously absent from your list. What was their name again? Maybe Danny Kanell remembers.

That falls under the "Northwestern saves what little is left of the Big Ten's bacon" thread. Went back and forth with a Rutgers poster who was moaning about the Western Division teams playing that weak division's schedule. I pointed out to him that the West actually went 11-10 against the East in divisional play this year and 10-2 against teams not named PSU, Ohio State and Michigan. Three good teams and four teams that sucked wind do not a great division make, not to mention that the West had all three of the B1G's bowl wins this year.

That falls under the "Northwestern saves what little is left of the Big Ten's bacon" thread. Went back and forth with a Rutgers poster who was moaning about the Western Division teams playing that weak division's schedule. I pointed out to him that the West actually went 11-10 against the East in divisional play this year and 10-2 against teams not named PSU, Ohio State and Michigan. Three good teams and four teams that sucked wind do not a great division make, not to mention that the West had all three of the B1G's bowl wins this year.

Thanks for that. I must confess, until your post I felt that the west was a tad weaker. I'd rather be in a competitive division any day. I wish the NCAA would come up with some way to create a more even field, top to bottom.

Thanks for that. I must confess, until your post I felt that the west was a tad weaker. I'd rather be in a competitive division any day. I wish the NCAA would come up with some way to create a more even field, top to bottom.

I think it obviously will be tough for most of the Western teams to keep up with our 100,000-seat stadium brethren at PSU, OSU and Michigan over the years, and MSU will bounce back, but I don't give Indiana, Maryland and Rutgers license to talk about the "weak" Western Division just yet. When they're able to field a team that can come anywhere close to winning the West, then they can blather about strong and weak divisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT