ADVERTISEMENT

Does Northwestern recruit the same way Stanford does (as described in article)

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I don't really follow recruiting apart from reading what someone writes here, and even then I forget about it two minutes later. That said, I am just wondering if we have the same requirement, that a recruit must have his scores in before even visiting? Really not a big deal, I was just curious. Seems kinda harsh to not allow someone with a 4.0 to visit before taking the test which he is 90% sure to ace (not the kid in the article, I am just talking in a general sense).

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...ne-now-for-uga-with-the-nations-no-1-receiver

Yes and no. There are no "hard limits" to be recruited or offered by NU, but the coaches/staff must feel comfortable that a recruit will eventually meet NU's requirements. Unless things have changed significantly, a recruit must have been formally approved by admissions based on at least six semesters of grades and an ACT/SAT to take an official visit with VERY few exceptions.

Yes and no. There are no "hard limits" to be recruited or offered by NU, but the coaches/staff must feel comfortable that a recruit will eventually meet NU's requirements. Unless things have changed significantly, a recruit must have been formally approved by admissions based on at least six semesters of grades and an ACT/SAT to take an official visit with VERY few exceptions.
I would imagine those exceptions include the H.S. sophomores NU has recruited. heard that if a kid has grades that look good after a couple of years in H.S. then a recruit who has yet to take ACT/SAT can visit and receive an offer.

I would imagine those exceptions include the H.S. sophomores NU has recruited. heard that if a kid has grades that look good after a couple of years in H.S. then a recruit who has yet to take ACT/SAT can visit and receive an offer.

I was referring exclusively to official visitors as having very few visitors who have not cleared admissions. Basically anyone can take an unofficial visit.

I don't really follow recruiting apart from reading what someone writes here, and even then I forget about it two minutes later. That said, I am just wondering if we have the same requirement, that a recruit must have his scores in before even visiting? Really not a big deal, I was just curious. Seems kinda harsh to not allow someone with a 4.0 to visit before taking the test which he is 90% sure to ace (not the kid in the article, I am just talking in a general sense).

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...ne-now-for-uga-with-the-nations-no-1-receiver
I think this is only regarding official visits which cannot take place till Sr. year. No restrictions on unofficial visits

It does not matter what you have heard or what personal experience you have. Gladescat is close personal friends with Fitzgerald and the only authority knowledgeable about the academic requirements for receiving an NU offer. Don't you know that?

Last edited:
It does not matter what you have heard or what personal experience you have. Gladescat is close personal friends with Fitzgerald and knows the academic requirements for receiving an NU offer inside and out. Don't you know that?

He knows that now.

By the way, I just talked to Fitzee and Phillips and he likes you much better with your new handle and cleaned up board persona.

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
He knows that now.

By the way, I just talked to Fitzee and Phillips and he likes you much better with your new handle and cleaned up board persona.

Florida Alum and the other moderators accused me of being someone else, too. But they were proven wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT