ADVERTISEMENT

Does UM have any big athletic receivers?

Seattle_Cat

Sep 8, 2003
We always have trouble with that sort of receiver. That Ball State guy almost beat us single handedly.

My sister is a recent Michigan grad crashing with me here in Denver, so I have seen more than my typical amount of #MGoBlue this year.

Amarah Darboh has seen quite a bit of action, and at 6'2" is no midget and has a pair of TDs for the year. Jehu Chesson, a 6'3" burner, is another WR to watch out for. They also have featured freshman Grant Perry, who I believe almost played at NU.

Honestly though, this type of offense features play action and a lot of tight ends. I expect a heavy dose of Jake Butt, who my sister and her friends tout as ALL AMERICA EVERYTHING so our DBs better have their play action coverage down. A worrying thing for me is that I remember that Fitz expected more PA passing to TEs from Stanford than actually happened, so this may actually be a new look offense for us.

OTOH, Rudock throws many picks. Beatable Q, especially if we can get pressure. While De'veon Smith seems the feature back, Ty Issac actually looks more menacing. The guy is an absolute tank, and fast too.

My sister is a recent Michigan grad crashing with me here in Denver, so I have seen more than my typical amount of #MGoBlue this year.

Amarah Darboh has seen quite a bit of action, and at 6'2" is no midget and has a pair of TDs for the year. Jehu Chesson, a 6'3" burner, is another WR to watch out for. They also have featured freshman Grant Perry, who I believe almost played at NU.

Honestly though, this type of offense features play action and a lot of tight ends. I expect a heavy dose of Jake Butt, who my sister and her friends tout as ALL AMERICA EVERYTHING so our DBs better have their play action coverage down. A worrying thing for me is that I remember that Fitz expected more PA passing to TEs from Stanford than actually happened, so this may actually be a new look offense for us.

OTOH, Rudock throws many picks. Beatable Q, especially if we can get pressure. While De'veon Smith seems the feature back, Ty Issac actually looks more menacing. The guy is an absolute tank, and fast too.

Issac has been having some fumble issues.

The key will be stopping Jake Butt. He is by far their leading receiver and is Gronkowski type load. Henry and Godwin will have their hands full.

The key will be stopping Jake Butt. He is by far their leading receiver and is Gronkowski type load. Henry and Godwin will have their hands full.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see Nate Hall reprise his brother's role as a coverage LB shadowing Butt around the field. He's athletic enough to cover him and has the size to match Butt (who's not overly physical himself).

Issac has been having some fumble issues.
I'm not saying we have to have a big turnover margin to win but we may win by forcing turnovers. Pressure on the QB may allow our DB to have a field day. Butt is the real deal but Issac does fumble often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT