ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t move my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo ooo - don’t delete my posts! Don’t lock my threads! Treat me like I’m special cuz I am! Like short yellow school bus special (I can say this cuz I did ride the short yellow school bus at one point)

Reactions: EvanstonCat
Two things you can count on - besides death and taxes - CSC will never get suspended (he has compromising pictures of Lou and Cappy) and CSC will never leave this place.

Well, anyway, with the ladies winning a road B1G game in Madison, maybe there's some hope that they'll manage to scrape together a couple more B1G wins this season.

Just fine on my end, thanks.
Uhhhhhhhh…..

When one is a moderator, restraint is often the advisable fallback position. Mostly, folks on here are well-behaved and aren’t in need of a Sheriff or heavy-handedness.

This message board is a place to provoke and facilitate discussion. I fear that threats of suspension don’t particularly help to foster that kind of environment.

Uhhhhhhhh…..

When one is a moderator, restraint is often the advisable fallback position. Mostly, folks on here are well-behaved and aren’t in need of a Sheriff or heavy-handedness.

This message board is a place to provoke and facilitate discussion. I fear that threats of suspension don’t particularly help to foster that kind of environment.
Who's threatening a suspension?

I think the broad point is that this specific suspension seems like it was awfully trigger-happy, and therefore a de-facto threat to anyone for a suspension for anything that the moderator might personally disagree with or take umbrage from (even the slightest of criticisms).

Coral could say World Peace is good for humanity and Bob would say war is good! Taxes, Death, and Bob disagreeing with Coral are the only certainties in life.
I was with a fishing buddy in a 16 foot boat this past summer and he went on a long harangue about how war solves a lot of manmade problems. He sounded pro-war. Thankfully the bass were biting.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
I think the broad point is that this specific suspension seems like it was awfully trigger-happy, and therefore a de-facto threat to anyone for a suspension for anything that the moderator might personally disagree with or take umbrage from (even the slightest of criticisms).
What happens in a basketball game if a player starts antagonizing a ref?

My dear CappyNU, have I really been unclear in expressing myself? Did you miss the gist of my missive?

Moderators are like refs. They need thick skin and an even temperament. Some folks naturally have these qualities in spades. For the rest of us, we ought to consider whether being a moderator is best-suited to our talents.

Again, this board ought to be lenient with free expression--it is a message board, after all.

My dear CappyNU, have I really been unclear in expressing myself? Did you miss the gist of my missive?

Moderators are like refs. They need thick skin and an even temperament. Some folks naturally have these qualities in spades. For the rest of us, we ought to consider whether being a moderator is best-suited to our talents.

Again, this board ought to be lenient with free expression--it is a message board, after all.
"Talk about Northwestern sports other than football and basketball here"

A poster intentionally posts threads on the wrong board, then a moderator moves the thread to the correct board without penalty, the poster petulantly changes the thread title to give orders to the moderator and then directly insults the moderator in a subsequent post.

Going back with your "refs" analogy, again, what happens if a player starts insulting a ref during the game? "How dare you not let me take 3 or even 4 steps; don't you know who I am?"

"Talk about Northwestern sports other than football and basketball here"

A poster intentionally posts threads on the wrong board, then a moderator moves the thread to the correct board without penalty, the poster petulantly changes the thread title to give orders to the moderator and then directly insults the moderator in a subsequent post.

Going back with your "refs" analogy, again, what happens if a player starts insulting a ref during the game? "How dare you not let me take 3 or even 4 steps; don't you know who I am?"

How many years have you been posting here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT