ADVERTISEMENT

Double Bonehead!!!!!!!!

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
First, an OU player gets 2 penalties on the OU TD, which makes OU kick off from the 10 yard line.

Stupid.

Then on the kick off, the Bama player calls for fair catch. Which puts th eball at the Bama 25. They lose field position because the kid has a brain fart.

College players!

Luckily NFL players never have stupid penalties

ND Clemson announcers were terrible, so busy talking it was almost like they weren’t at the game but watching on monitors at a studio.

First, an OU player gets 2 penalties on the OU TD, which makes OU kick off from the 10 yard line.

Stupid.

Then on the kick off, the Bama player calls for fair catch. Which puts th eball at the Bama 25. They lose field position because the kid has a brain fart.

College players!

That was a pretty bonehead sequence of plays.

Earlier in the bowl season I did see a kick off returner make one of the smartest plays I have seen. The kickoff was angled to the sideline and the ball was about to die right along the sideline at about the 2 yard line. Instead of picking it up and likely getting nailed at about the 10 yard line, the kick returner circled around the ball and while standing fully out of bounds touched the football.. By doing so, the ball was considered to be out of bounds and a penalty flag was thrown for the kickoff going out of bounds. The return team got the ball on first down at the 35 yard line as a result. Very smart play that gained his team valuable yardage and field position. I had never seen that play before.

That was a pretty bonehead sequence of plays.

Earlier in the bowl season I did see a kick off returner make one of the smartest plays I have seen. The kickoff was angled to the sideline and the ball was about to die right along the sideline at about the 2 yard line. Instead of picking it up and likely getting nailed at about the 10 yard line, the kick returner circled around the ball and while standing fully out of bounds touched the football.. By doing so, the ball was considered to be out of bounds and a penalty flag was thrown for the kickoff going out of bounds. The return team got the ball on first down at the 35 yard line as a result. Very smart play that gained his team valuable yardage and field position. I had never seen that play before.
I saw that too. Wasn't sure if he actually knew the rule or was just lucky.

Reactions: Noah121
I saw that too. Wasn't sure if he actually knew the rule or was just lucky.

That was by design. The way the kid circled around the ball and made sure he was fully out of bounds before he touched the ball indicated to me he knew exactly what he was doing.

Stupid.

College players!

I'm not sure where they would have put the ball if the guy catching the ball signaled for a fair catch? Is it the 25 or X number of yards from the kickoff?

Last night, the OTHER player signaled for a fair catch so the ball was placed where the returner caught the ball (at the 21).

Stupid.

College players!
Maybe they can transfer to OSU and take one of Urban's new courses.

I'm not sure where they would have put the ball if the guy catching the ball signaled for a fair catch? Is it the 25 or X number of yards from the kickoff?

Last night, the OTHER player signaled for a fair catch so the ball was placed where the returner caught the ball (at the 21).

in order for the ball to be spotted at the 25 the returner signaling for a fair catch has to actually catch the kick. If not it is spotted where the signal for the fair catch is made. That is the risk of signaling for a fair catch inside your ten yard line. If the returner muffs the kick, the ball is spotted at that spot.

in order for the ball to be spotted at the 25 the returner signaling for a fair catch has to actually catch the kick. If not it is spotted where the signal for the fair catch is made. That is the risk of signaling for a fair catch inside your ten yard line. If the returner muffs the kick, the ball is spotted at that spot.
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the explanation. This is one of the reasons I read the board. Answers to questions I didn't even realize I had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT